E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Interior Parts > Rear seat base specifics

05-28-2015, 11:34 AM   #1
command_liner
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Garage List
Rear seat base specifics

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
We would like to change out our non-folding rear seat for a folding rear seat, but keep the 3-passenger rear seat base.

I see there are different seat bases. There is a 2-passenger seat base for fold-down seats. Can anybody tell me if the upper and lower parts of the fold down seats must be installed as a pair, or do I need only the top part?

I do not want to buy the parts on speculation.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:13 AM   #2
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Wrong forum, but the bottoms for the folding and non-folding are different, so yes, they have to be installed as a set. Check a DIY for that in the DYI sub-forum. BTW, the folding seats are also three-seat bench. You get three seat belts and headrests. Like in the non-folding, the middle seat does not have a nice bum spot though.
Appreciate 0