XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

The X6's Secret Hiding Place

Hey guys made an end of wk run pass the BMW Plant this week.I've got to travel next wk and won't be in town to ck out the action.Boy oh Boy!!!! The X6's were out on Friday.The area around an entrance gate that I park sometimes was crawling w/ what looked like finished production 35i's.There were at least 35-40 X6's in groups of 5 or 6 (like the group I shot).They were driving from the BMW Plant down a two lane road that connects the BMW Factory to the local Airport.At the airport they were parking the X6's in a vacant (as you can see in the pic's) abandoned parking lot across the street from the Air Freight Terminal at our local airport.Sorry for the nature shots through the tree's.But....the staging area or whatever it is ,was packed w/ BMW Plant Security personnel.I don't mind being Agent PalBay but not Inmate PalBay!!!!! I'm really stumped as to what's going on here.As you can see there are other makes of BMW's parked in this staging area.My first thought was some sort of X6 preview,ride and drive for VIP's.That just does not add up.They could be hiding the X6's here until the VIP's arrive at the Airport.Just not sure.What I really think is that these cars are headed overseas via airfreight.They all appeared to be left hand drive ,35i's.About half of these X6's had running boards,something I've not seen much of until Friday.One last mention of the X6 35i exhaust note.At the stop sign at the plant entrance,once these guys saw I was taking pictures,they all nailed the gas.If you like a sporty,loud exhaust note,you will not be disappointed w/ the X6.BMW is playing the coupe end of this SAC/SUV balancing act regarding the exhaust note.If you look closely at a couple of the pics at the plant entrance,you can see a guy talking on his radio.I'm sure he's telling his buddies about the nutjob hanging out the window taking pictures.Most of the X6 drivers were giving me the evil eye.The Black X6 on the airport property w/ the parking deck in the background,is an interesting shot.Just look at the stance of that car.It just screams " Bad Ass" and " Get Out Of My Way".That's all for now.Thanks! PalBay
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
buzzfunk
Rep
Drives: Jeep

Amazing. I actually saw one today on Melrose for the first time! They are a lot bigger then you'd think!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

X6 Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzfunk View Post
Amazing. I actually saw one today on Melrose for the first time! They are a lot bigger then you'd think!
Yes, X5 big. Thanks! PalBay
Appreciate 0