Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

05-27-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
VDBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB F82

Before and after break-in 1200 Maintenance

Just got our maintenance done yesterday...

I feel like its a different car now. Not sure if I am just deceiving myself to feel this way but I honestly feel like I was driving a 4 series for the first 1200 and now it is an actual M4.

Maybe it was just the way I was driving it, anyone feel the same?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDBimmer View Post
Just got our maintenance done yesterday...

I feel like its a different car now. Not sure if I am just deceiving myself to feel this way but I honestly feel like I was driving a 4 series for the first 1200 and now it is an actual M4.

Maybe it was just the way I was driving it, anyone feel the same?
I think it's all in your head man haha and oil change and differential fluid exchange isn't going to change the entire persona of the car. Maybe you were just treating it like a baby the first 1k miles and now you're fearless.
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
VDBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr006rbc View Post
I think it's all in your head man haha and oil change and differential fluid exchange isn't going to change the entire persona of the car. Maybe you were just treating it like a baby the first 1k miles and now you're fearless.
I think you're right lol I just don't feel obligated to drive as carefully as I used to I guess and maybe thats why I am finally unlocking these new potentials in the car that I've never really pushed it to
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2015, 06:10 AM   #4
Vigilant
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cautiously fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr006rbc View Post
I think you're right lol I just don't feel obligated to drive as carefully as I used to I guess and maybe thats why I am finally unlocking these new potentials in the car that I've never really pushed it to
Exactly...enjoy.

2022 BSM G80 Comp X-drive
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 11:48 PM   #5
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

so they don't suppress the engine at all? someone had mentioned something about this. i just got mine as well and it's my first so i'm a total noob when it comes to these cars. but yeah, i had heard something about them kind of suppressing the engine until after that 1200 mile service. not sure how or anything or if that's even true..... i let one of my friends drive it today who knows a TON about cars and has driven just about everything out there. he said it didn't feel like the engine was giving all it could. like 20% of what it should be doing. weird no???