E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Sws-8XI not impressed

05-26-2015, 11:42 PM   #1
djtlaz123
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i convertible

Sws-8XI not impressed

My wife blew her subs after I installed a mono alpine Mrp-m500 amp to her existing Non Logic system. I didn't care cause for a while now I've wanted to upgrade her to Earthquakes. After installing, I have not been impressed at all. I got much deeper bass than with the factor to the amp. I have wired in 1ohm and 4ohm with really not much of a difference. All I have read is how much people loved them after installing and how much more deeper there bass is. Could I have done something wrong? I've been hooking up systems for a very long time. I know factory subs fire down but these are made to fire up. I have my LPF set a 100. Also because the amp is so strong I have the gain only half way. Also wired in series and parrallel which is how the different impedance is obtained. I'm baffled. Any suggestions would much be appreciated. Thx in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 05:49 AM   #2
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

You must not have read any of my posts.
      05-28-2015, 07:23 AM   #3
birdcatcher
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X5 35ixDrive E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtlaz123 View Post
My wife blew her subs after I installed a mono alpine Mrp-m500 amp to her existing Non Logic system. I didn't care cause for a while now I've wanted to upgrade her to Earthquakes. After installing, I have not been impressed at all. I got much deeper bass than with the factor to the amp. I have wired in 1ohm and 4ohm with really not much of a difference. All I have read is how much people loved them after installing and how much more deeper there bass is. Could I have done something wrong? I've been hooking up systems for a very long time. I know factory subs fire down but these are made to fire up. I have my LPF set a 100. Also because the amp is so strong I have the gain only half way. Also wired in series and parrallel which is how the different impedance is obtained. I'm baffled. Any suggestions would much be appreciated. Thx in advance.
      05-28-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
Aragorn30d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Where have your sourced the signal for the amp?

The rear channels are high pass filtered on the factory head unit, if you've taken a feed from there, thats your problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #5
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

so much fail, so little posts

1st - google gain setting. It is not a volume knob so even though you have it at half, you could be giving the subs full power.

2nd - where are you sourcing the inputs for the amp

3rd - you sure they are wired correctly? I know you say youve been doing this for a long time, but you can do lots of stuff for a long time incorrectly

4th - make sure they are sealed up properly. a leaking enclosure will kill any kind of bass.

5th - these arent "shake your car" bass subs, these are more low range in a 3 way setup subs. get a real sub if you want deep bass.
Appreciate 0