E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > How many bought a fake eisenmann?

View Poll Results: ?
Fake for sure, I'm pissed 8 10.81%
I'm lucky with a genuine. 5 6.76%
Fake but have been refunded. 1 1.35%
Never bought one (I want to vote). 60 81.08%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

02-10-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

How many bought a fake eisenmann?

Just curious how many people got a fake exhaust.
      02-10-2008, 05:50 AM   #2
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

fake eisenmann? WTF?

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
neuzpeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: MW BMW M4 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by judec View Post
fake eisenmann? WTF?
read the thread on it in the Vendor feedback forum. Quite shocking.
      02-10-2008, 10:02 AM   #4
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

There is NO such thing...
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

There is the official purchase thread you know...
      02-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
AZ-HiHoAG
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I ordered an "Eisenmann Meisterschaft" through IND Distribution in November 2007. My CC was charged $900+ as a deposit. I haven't received my order yet, though Anthony (Palella@Industry) has assured me I will receive a Genuine Eisenmann system before the end of February. I believe I will be receiving the "Eisenmann Race" axel-back system (muffler).

In December, I amended my order to include the SR pipes (sections 1 & 2). However, at this point I am not sure whether these components are made by Eisenmann. If they are not, where are they made and who makes them?

I would still be interested in the SR pipes if they are quality products made by a reputable company that will stand behind them. If they are made by Eisenhaus, I would not be interested.

If the SR pipes are not Eisenmann products, then I think the price should still be negotiable, but I will need to discuss this with Anthony (Palella@Industry) -- I hope he reads this post.
      02-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #7
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

This poll is pointless: Most of the buyers of the fakes have to keep their mouths shut or lose the deals that they cut with Eisenhaus. So they can't post here.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #8
san~man
Tired
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-HiHoAG View Post
I ordered an "Eisenmann Meisterschaft" through IND Distribution in November 2007. My CC was charged $900+ as a deposit. I haven't received my order yet, though Anthony (Palella@Industry) has assured me I will receive a Genuine Eisenmann system before the end of February. I believe I will be receiving the "Eisenmann Race" axel-back system (muffler).

In December, I amended my order to include the SR pipes (sections 1 & 2). However, at this point I am not sure whether these components are made by Eisenmann. If they are not, where are they made and who makes them?

I would still be interested in the SR pipes if they are quality products made by a reputable company that will stand behind them. If they are made by Eisenhaus, I would not be interested.

If the SR pipes are not Eisenmann products, then I think the price should still be negotiable, but I will need to discuss this with Anthony (Palella@Industry) -- I hope he reads this post.
The SR pipes are not made by Eisenmann, however, they are still good quality. I just installed mine yesterday, and the fit was very good. I'm no exhaust expert by any means, but the gauge of the stainless steel is thick, the flanges and hangars are also ss and thick, and the welds look as good as the welds on the genuine muffler. It took a bit of adjusting to line them up right, but any exhaust would be the same.

After speaking with Eisenhaus and expressing my concerns to Jason and Tim, they assured me that the warranty on the SR pipes would be the same as if it came from Eisenmann.

I was lucky enough to receive the genuine mufflers, and I must say that the sound is very intoxicating. It has that exotic tone to it, but still deep at the same time. It's not too loud for me, but everyone has different tolerances on exhaust tone. There is also no drone at all.

You just have to decide if the price is justifiable for you to pay. If you can get it cheaper made locally at an exhaust shop where you live, then that's something else you may consider. Where I live, no one mandrel bends pipe, much less SS pipe, so paying for the SR pipe was acceptable for me.

Good luck to you.
      02-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #9
AZ-HiHoAG
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for the reassurance about the quality of the SR pipes san~man. I may still get those as well.

However, my thought was that the SR pipes were also produced by Eisenmann, and therefore needed to be imported from Germany, thus contributing to their cost. Since that isn't the case, wouldn't you expect the price to get adjusted downward?
      02-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #10
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep
Drives: E90 to A5

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
The SR pipes are not made by Eisenmann, however, they are still good quality. I just installed mine yesterday, and the fit was very good. I'm no exhaust expert by any means, but the gauge of the stainless steel is thick, the flanges and hangars are also ss and thick, and the welds look as good as the welds on the genuine muffler. It took a bit of adjusting to line them up right, but any exhaust would be the same.

After speaking with Eisenhaus and expressing my concerns to Jason and Tim, they assured me that the warranty on the SR pipes would be the same as if it came from Eisenmann.

I was lucky enough to receive the genuine mufflers, and I must say that the sound is very intoxicating. It has that exotic tone to it, but still deep at the same time. It's not too loud for me, but everyone has different tolerances on exhaust tone. There is also no drone at all.

You just have to decide if the price is justifiable for you to pay. If you can get it cheaper made locally at an exhaust shop where you live, then that's something else you may consider. Where I live, no one mandrel bends pipe, much less SS pipe, so paying for the SR pipe was acceptable for me.

Good luck to you.
@ SR pipes. They're stainless steel pipes that are shiny.
I can get those custom shaped/molded for 200$ from manifold to muffler long.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #11
san~man
Tired
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the reassurance about the quality of the SR pipes san~man. I may still get those as well.

However, my thought was that the SR pipes were also produced by Eisenmann, and therefore needed to be imported from Germany, thus contributing to their cost. Since that isn't the case, wouldn't you expect the price to get adjusted downward?

Again, the SR pipes were not made by Eisenmann in Germany. Never. They were made in Asia somewhere and sold under the Eisenmann name. Hence, they're part of the current "scandal" you've surely read about.

About the price, well that's up to the dealer you get them from. I can't comment on the cost, because I don't know how much it cost nor how much you'd pay to get it custom. You have to remember that there's 3 pieces total to it, it's full SS, with the X pipe.

I would suggest before you buy it, try and get a price local to you to have it custom made. Also, ask whoever you're getting the quote from whether it'll be one continuous piece or many pieces welded together (like a few other "custom" pieces I've seen on the web). If their price is less, and they can mandrel bend the stainless steel in one piece, then you may want to consider that. To me, that makes a big difference in quality and durability. I personally wouldn't want a pipe made up of numerous small pieces welded together.

Here's a better pic of the parts:

Oh, and if you do buy the entire system, get 4 2.25" stainless band clamps and 1 2" band clamp (for connecting the mufflers together, IIRC I "think" that's that size). Makes life much easier.
      02-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #12
kevkaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpinweiss 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:

I met up with Anthony last night to pick up my car from his shop. I decided to go with the "fake" SR pipes anyways, though I have a Bastuck exhaust and not the fake Eisenmann. The quality of the SR pipes is at least reasonable, there isn't really much to them, and everyone else has been happy with them (the SR pipes only), so I had them put on anyways. I kept my old ones and they can be put back on in a snap. I can't really see how this would screw up my car, other than they would wear prematurely and leak/fall apart if they were in fact not made of quality steel. But they are stainless, so I'd imagine they're good for at least a few years.

You would need to talk to Anthony about pricing for you, but yes, with them being of questionable origin, its reasonable to assume price is negotiable.

When I dropped my car off at his shop Thursday night, I wasn't quite up to speed on what was going on. Ilia mentioned it in his last PM to me, but I didn't get a chance to read all of the posts. Nevertheless, Anthony called me on Friday before proceeding with the work to make sure I was aware of the situation. He definitely reads these boards and wants to get everything fixed, but its a mess and is going to take some time to sort this all out. I totally understand everyone's frustration and I'd be a bit pissed too, but I'm pretty sure he's doing all he can to make this right.

Anyways, the pipes sound good. I didn't get to do a lot of fun driving last night because the weather is pretty lousy out here, not to mention insane potholes. I did get in a couple of brief pulls and it sounds pretty neat, still not too loud in the car, especially at cruise (this is a good thing for me). My wife was following behind and definitely noticed it though, at least until I pulled far away...

2009 E92 M3 - 7/3/09 ED, 8/17/09 redelivery
1997 E36 M3 - Track Rat
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #13
san~man
Tired
Rep

Good deal. The Bastuck sounds sick as well.
      02-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #14
AZ-HiHoAG
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I suppose I should have been clearer with my last post. When I amended my order with IND-Distribution to include the SR pipes, I was ASSUMING that they were also made by Eisenmann, and were imported from Germany along with the "Meisterschaft" (section 3) axle-back system.

Thank you san~man for clarifying that the SR pipes are not (nor ever were) made by Eisenmann and they were not made in Germany. I also appreciate you taking the time to post photographs of the entire system and confirming that the SR pipes are of good quality material with good fitment. It sounds like that whoever made them did a good job designing them to fit without trouble from one car to the next (something that I would not have questioned had they been made by Eisenmann).

Presently, I am questionning whether the asking price for these pipes (>$900) sold separately from the section 3 axle-back component is worth the price considering they are not coming Germany and not made by Eisenmann. Afterall, these pipe could be made locally (with some effort) for considerably less.

Nonetheless, I would still be interested in the SR pipes and I would like get this taken care of sooner rather than later . . . for cripes sake, I ordered in November!
      02-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #15
san~man
Tired
Rep

Quote:
Afterall, these pipe could be made locally (with some effort) for considerably less.
That's what you have to check into, seeing as how you can return them or cancel the order if necessary.
      02-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #16
kevkaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpinweiss 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
So do I have this right - the "fake system" is composed of three parts:

1) SR pipes (cat delete)
2) Another section of pipe with the X section
3) Muffler (axle-back)

2009 E92 M3 - 7/3/09 ED, 8/17/09 redelivery
1997 E36 M3 - Track Rat
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #17
san~man
Tired
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevkaz View Post
So do I have this right - the "fake system" is composed of three parts:

1) SR pipes (cat delete)
2) Another section of pipe with the X section
3) Muffler (axle-back)
#1 and #2 are not Eisenmann. #3 can be Eisenmann if it looks like the one I posted above (ribbed mufflers cans, stamped info on plaque).

The smooth can mufflers are the fakes.
      02-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #18
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
LOL @ last poll option
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #19
AZ-HiHoAG
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I know a few people that have had custom exhaust work done for them locally, so I'm fairly certain I could have the SR pipes (aka, sections 1 and 2) made. I'm not certain of the effort or cost though . . .

When I originally ordered the "Eisenmann Meisterschaft", Anthony quoted me a discounted, "packaged" price with the SR pipes included.

I think the whole deal may need to be re-negotiated.

The original poll and selection options did not take this scenario into account.
      02-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #20
Booster
Pave The Rainforest
Rep
Drives: Wagon

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
All 3 are fake on mine
Appreciate 0