BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5M (F85) and X6M (F86) Forum

05-26-2015, 04:40 AM   #1
Albertawilliam
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X6M

Hi guys:
I have ordered a 2015 X6M from my local dealership, two X6Ms are coming, but kinda struggle between them:
The black and white are all loaded, only difference is that, the black one comes with night vision pkg, which could be helpful in Edmonton winter driving, since it's half year winter here.
Both of them come with red interior full merino leather. For black one, it just arrived at dealer, however the white one gonna be 3 weeks waiting(mid June delivery)

I personally prefer white exterior, thought the white BMW looks more sporty, the shape is more clear on white one, but I have sold my Q7, means I got no car to drive at this moment

which one would u choose regardless of the price? Thank u
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 04:49 AM   #2
Albertawilliam
Canada
Rep

My friends are all prefer the white one, since the night vision camera is mounted on the front grill, it will easily get dirty in the winter time, and they believe it will be covered by the snow and eventually become useless....
So what do u think? Will appreciate any comments...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertawilliam View Post
My friends are all prefer the white one, since the night vision camera is mounted on the front grill, it will easily get dirty in the winter time, and they believe it will be covered by the snow and eventually become useless....
So what do u think? Will appreciate any comments...
The night vision camera is automatically cleaned by high pressure water when the headlights are cleaned . I think I remember reading somewhere that it's heated too, although not sure how that works given that it basically reads heat....

I have night vision and it's a fun toy, but not sure of its value yet. That said, I haven't got to drive in the perpetual grey fog that is the Pacific Northwest winter yet.

I'd do black over white, but colour is obviously a personal preference

I have the red interior though, and it's great. Was worried I wouldn't like it when I ordered it, but it's just "enough" to be sporty, without being too "loud".
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #4
Albertawilliam
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
The night vision camera is automatically cleaned by high pressure water when the headlights are cleaned . I think I remember reading somewhere that it's heated too, although not sure how that works given that it basically reads heat....

I have night vision and it's a fun toy, but not sure of its value yet. That said, I haven't got to drive in the perpetual grey fog that is the Pacific Northwest winter yet.

I'd do black over white, but colour is obviously a personal preference

I have the red interior though, and it's great. Was worried I wouldn't like it when I ordered it, but it's just "enough" to be sporty, without being too "loud".
Thank you for your reply, I have asked my dealer if the night vision comes with auto-heat function, havent got answer yet
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 05:07 PM   #5
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Something else to consider about the night vision camera is what it does to the front grill. I, personally, don't like how it creates a large, solid, vertical section of plastic in the right of the grill for the mounting of the camera.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #6
GuyOh
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LB M2 / 2020 X5 40i

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
2020 Bmw X5 40i  [0.00]
I personally like the white exterior better
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 09:53 AM   #7
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

I have never seen a review of night vision that has thought it was worth the money after a few uses.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 12:30 PM   #8
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

I would go with white. Easier to maintain, especially with all the snow, the black one will get bunch of scratches easily.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0