BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

02-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
1198r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Finally - a White GT3 on the road!

It's been a glorious sunny day here in UK, with temp up to 15 deg C (for early Feb this is not normal - but then what is?).

I was out in the M3 and ahead of me saw a white 911 - keen to see what it was, I booted it and as the car in front pulled over I saw it was a new 997 GT3 - wide rear wheel arches and that fantastic wing - I think he was slightly surprised to see me in his rear view mirror. He kindly pulled over and I passed. He then followed. I am very pleased to say he kept his distance and we went rather fast. The view in the rear view mirror was awesome - a mix of halogen blue headlight, white bodywork glistening in the sun and the black grilles - all looked squat and mean and purposeful.

I then put the window down and waved him to come by - which he did - and I gestured he had an amazing car - he smiled and waved back. He put the foot down and I listened and it was heaven - and amazing sound.

I think I know what my next car is....
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Good story. Glad you didn't end up racing.

Man, you guys outside of the US are having all these memorable experiences, and we are stuck discussing order status numbers!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
1198r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Good story. Glad you didn't end up racing.

Man, you guys outside of the US are having all these memorable experiences, and we are stuck discussing order status numbers!
I feel for you guys - I really do. Not long now.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

[QUOTE=1198r;2120910]It's been a glorious sunny day here in UK, with temp up to 15 deg C (for early Feb this is not normal - but then what is?).

I was out in the M3 and ahead of me saw a white 911 - keen to see what it was, I booted it and as the car in front pulled over I saw it was a new 997 GT3 - wide rear wheel arches and that fantastic wing - I think he was slightly surprised to see me in his rear view mirror. He kindly pulled over and I passed. He then followed. I am very pleased to say he kept his distance and we went rather fast. The view in the rear view mirror was awesome - a mix of halogen blue headlight, white bodywork glistening in the sun and the black grilles - all looked squat and mean and purposeful.

I then put the window down and waved him to come by - which he did - and I gestured he had an amazing car - he smiled and waved back. He put the foot down and I listened and it was heaven - and amazing sound.

Cool story. It's nice to hear opposing marque's showing respect. Yeah... the sound of a GT3, incredible.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
spearfisher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

nice,

really like the GT3's
Appreciate 0