BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > F20 Classifieds > Earthquake SWS-8X subwoofers and custom metal spacer rings

05-22-2015, 05:45 AM   #1
120d_estoril
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F21 120d Auto - Estoril Blue

Earthquake SWS-8X subwoofers and custom metal spacer rings

Hello.

My wife's part ex'ing her 1 series on Tuesday for a Mini and so I've removed some of the audio equipment we had fitted to her car.

First up I'm selling a pair of Earthquake SWS - 8 slim mount subs which fit under the seats of most BMW's.

Please check you have under seat subs before buying as I'm not sure if they come on every model?

These subs are a huge upgrade on the factory sound system and more than negated the need for anything beefier in the boot.

When installing the SWS's you need to fit a spacer ring so they don't foul the bottom of the OEM BMW enclosure.

You can buy the wood or plastic ones online but I wanted to make the mount as rigid as possible to get the maximum performance from the subs. I contacted an engineering company who custom made me a pair of steel rings that sit on the OEM enclosure and the subs bolt on to. You can then Dynamat the enclosure and have an extremely solid mount for the subs to work at there best! A much better alternative to wood or plastic!!

The subs are between 12 and 18 months old and have seen very little use. The cars done 8k miles in 2 years and it was 6 months before we had the subs fitted and they've only ever been used for normal listening.

Subs are boxed and in perfect working order and excellent condition.

Rings are in great condition although have a little bit of silicon attached which will come off from where they were bonded to the enclosure to make them airtight.

At this stage I would much rather sell this as a package and if they don't sell here in the next week I'll try eBay before splitting.

I'm asking £200 (PPG or Bank Transfer) for both subs and the spacers. Postage will be £15 - tracked and insured or you can arrange your own courier.

Collection is possible - DY4 is the start of my postcode.

I have high feedback on eBay and several audio forums if you need peace of mind before making an offer.

Any questions please feel free to ask.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 05:57 AM   #2
120d_estoril
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F21 120d Auto - Estoril Blue

Appreciate 0