Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

05-12-2015, 04:47 PM   #1
TheDiddy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MW F80

Where to get a test drive in SoCal?

I am looking to pick up a 2016 F80, but would like to test drive the car first, with a DCT if possible, before beginning the process of negotiating. Are there any dealers in the area that I can do this at?

Im in Newport Beach so the closer the better but I am willing to drive a bit.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 05:06 PM   #2
DiscoWagon
Race to win.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

DCTs are everywhere, shouldn't be hard to find a dealership that'll let you test drive.
      05-12-2015, 05:09 PM   #3
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

NB BMW and Crevier are close. Go in and see which one will work with you.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
TheDiddy
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks, ill swing by Crevier this weekend and see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 11:08 AM   #5
TheDiddy
Private First Class
Rep

Does anyone know if allocations for the F80 are tighter than the F82 in the area? I see F82s everywhere and have only seen one F80.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 12:14 PM   #6
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiddy View Post
Does anyone know if allocations for the F80 are tighter than the F82 in the area? I see F82s everywhere and have only seen one F80.
They're WAY more stringent. Good luck finding one in stock that isn't packaged to the max. I know McKenna has a couple M3s.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 12:57 PM   #7
TheDiddy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr006rbc
Quote:
They're WAY more stringent. Good luck finding one in stock that isn't packaged to the max. I know McKenna has a couple M3s.
I think I would build it anyways plus I would be interested in a 2016 ED.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 06:54 PM   #8
VDBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
Honestly If you plan on actually purchasing a car though both those places are crap (if by NB you possibly mean NewPort?).
We had a terrible experience at Crevier BMW and NewPort BMW (sterling or w/e they're called) definitely topped it off with by far the worst.

At Crevier some of the salespeople are very cocky, some salesman kept literarily telling us that this car was 'out of our league' quoting his own words. Continuously kept claiming that its beyond our budget just because he was not welling to negotiate a fair price and wanted to completely rip us off with us thanking him for it (somehow?).

And NewPort they were nice to an extent and allowed us to test drive one that was already there but they took a deposit from us, gave us a time frame that they clearly could not fullfil, and continuously taunted us and annoyed us when we simply wanted our money back.

that being said, for the purposes of this thread: If you are looking for just a test drive you're probably more likely to get one at a place like newport (sterling) bmw. Crevier ehhh... depending on the salesperson you deal with to be honest.

ps. We ended up getting the car we wanted, with more options, and with a better offer than the one we asked Crevier to help us with 2 days later from a different dealer. Out of my budget my ass.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 07:14 PM   #9
F80AYM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80AYM3

Go to Pacific BMW in Glendale and ask for Ron.
      05-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #10
TheDiddy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDBimmer
Quote:
Honestly If you plan on actually purchasing a car though both those places are crap (if by NB you possibly mean NewPort?).
We had a terrible experience at Crevier BMW and NewPort BMW (sterling or w/e they're called) definitely topped it off with by far the worst.

At Crevier some of the salespeople are very cocky, some salesman kept literarily telling us that this car was 'out of our league' quoting his own words. Continuously kept claiming that its beyond our budget just because he was not welling to negotiate a fair price and wanted to completely rip us off with us thanking him for it (somehow?).

And NewPort they were nice to an extent and allowed us to test drive one that was already there but they took a deposit from us, gave us a time frame that they clearly could not fullfil, and continuously taunted us and annoyed us when we simply wanted our money back.

that being said, for the purposes of this thread: If you are looking for just a test drive you're probably more likely to get one at a place like newport (sterling) bmw. Crevier ehhh... depending on the salesperson you deal with to be honest.

ps. We ended up getting the car we wanted, with more options, and with a better offer than the one we asked Crevier to help us with 2 days later from a different dealer. Out of my budget my ass.
Well my intentions are that I want to drive the car and be in negotiations for the car shortly there after (within a month for ED on a AW F80 with a few options depending on the final release of packages from BMW on the 16s).

I'm in the same boat though. I want to get the car I want at the lowest price possible in my timeframe. The first dealer to hit my numbers has my business. That being said... I want to drive the car first before shelling out that much money obviously. I will also be a very informed buyer so I won't fall for dealer BS with allocations and what not.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 09:46 PM   #11
Crna27
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie F80
Go to Pacific BMW in Glendale and ask for Ron.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #12
SupremePower1
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: ///

If you're in LA there are two fantastically optioned M3's at Century West BMW. Was there yesterday for an oil top off and saw both beauties.

Mineral Grey / Sakhir

BSM / Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 02:17 AM   #13
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremePower1 View Post
If you're in LA there are two fantastically optioned M3's at Century West BMW. Was there yesterday for an oil top off and saw both beauties.

Mineral Grey / Sakhir

BSM / Sakhir
You just bring your car in and they top off your oil for free?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #14
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Under 50K...sure thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 10:17 AM   #15
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

Quote:
It depends which dealership you go to..they're more inclined to do it for free if you purchased the car from there but it's not normally something covered under BMWs maintenance plan or warranty. It's more of a kind gesture for customer satisfaction. But honestly, if you drive a BMW and cannot afford a $8-9 qt of oil you shouldn't be driving one.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2015, 11:09 AM   #16
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:
I have done this all time. No issues at all.
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #17
TheDiddy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDBimmer
Quote:

I'm ready to buy at this point. Looking for a 16 ED but my first quote from a reputable source was not acceptable. Could you PM who you went through?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #18
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
I'm ready to buy at this point. Looking for a 16 ED but my first quote from a reputable source was not acceptable. Could you PM who you went through?
Try Khoi at Long Beach.
      06-10-2015, 09:46 PM   #19
TheDiddy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK
Quote:
Try Khoi at Long Beach.
Actually I reached out to him today and he basically gave me an offer that I just couldn't refuse. I'm in line for July ordering/allocations.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 09:50 AM   #20
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
Actually I reached out to him today and he basically gave me an offer that I just couldn't refuse. I'm in line for July ordering/allocations.
you took one of the last remaining spots to place '15 orders. congrats.