E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Typical Cobb Codes... But without Cobb installed

05-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
francoline
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 5.0

Typical Cobb Codes... But without Cobb installed

So let me start by saying I have searched through the forum and have read the cobb related issues that commonly happen (especially those with catless downpipes)... but I still cannot find a good place to continue trouble shooting my issue.

Briefly, I was running a stage 1 tune with just under the hood boltins with no problem. When I added the AR pipes and AFE exhaust and switched to Stage 2 sport the problems began. I will skip the boring stuff and get to the codes that remain:

P2C7B
P2C7E
P2C2B
P2C7F

I have had lean codes - cause was crap gas in Las Vegas and those are gone.
The HPFP has been replaced after those codes appeared.
All four O2 sensors have been replaced and we have reverified the sensors are in the correct location.
All injectors have been replaced within the past 10k miles
I had the carbon cleaning last month
New spark plugs one degree colder last month.

With the cobb in the car it takes about 15 miles for the codes to appear. I completely uninstalled the COBB and about 80 miles later the 4 codes above apepared.

The car runs perfect until the codes appear. Then, the AFR at idle jumps from 14 to 21-22. I lose about 6-8 pounds of boost down from 16 psi. some of this is intermintent.

I am not throwing the typical DME error codes so those services don't want to touch it.

I am open to any and all suggestions. This is my first BMW and the turbo cars I am used to dealing with are my 2001 Audi A6 2.7 and 2011 Nissan Juke. So basically I know nothing.

Thanks.