E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rear europlate

05-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
soarhigh
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Xdrive

Garage List
Rear europlate

What's good guys, I wanna put my europlate on the rear of my car and then put my provincial plate over top of it. I've seen it on a few cars but not sure how people attach their state plate overtop. Has anyone done this or any suggestions ? Thanksss
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarhigh
What's good guys, I wanna put my europlate on the rear of my car and then put my provincial plate over top of it. I've seen it on a few cars but not sure how people attach their state plate overtop. Has anyone done this or any suggestions ? Thanksss
Which province?

I had this setup until last week.
I got pulled over for it, and removed it. Manitoba.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #3
soarhigh
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche
Quote:
Which province?

Wow no way man, shit eh. British Columbia. I tried searching online for a law regarding but couldn't find any
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Which province?

Wow no way man, shit eh. British Columbia. I tried searching online for a law regarding but couldn't find any
Me neither. There's no law.
It goes by interpretation. I was never pulled over before. He pulled me over and was really nice about it, but said it could be a 200 dollar fine because it looked like a real plate (and it is, just not a legal one).

I just took it off the same day, it was just decorative. It said CANADA. I wasn't going to go proving there's no law or something like that.

My rear licence plate has a frame. So I just placed the euro plate between the 4 screws, the rear frame and the top frame with the provincial plate. When you tighten the screws it stays snug. No problems with that.

I travel a lot, provinces, states, bla bla, never pulled over. Then coming to work one morning an undercover pulled me. I wouldn't do that if I were you (obviously).

But if you want to buy a German plate that says CA NA DA let me know.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 04:18 PM   #5
soarhigh
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Which province?

Me neither. There's no law.
It goes by interpretation. I was never pulled over before. He pulled me over and was really nice about it, but said it could be a 200 dollar fine because it looked like a real plate (and it is, just not a legal one).

I just took it off the same day, it was just decorative. It said CANADA. I wasn't going to go proving there's no law or something like that.

My rear licence plate has a frame. So I just placed the euro plate between the 4 screws, the rear frame and the top frame with the provincial plate. When you tighten the screws it stays snug. No problems with that.

I travel a lot, provinces, states, bla bla, never pulled over. Then coming to work one morning an undercover pulled me. I wouldn't do that if I were you (obviously).

But if you want to buy a German plate that says CA NA DA let me know.
Ahh I see, I guess it depends on the cop, Ima get a frame then and try it for a bit. Only thing that sucks is there like this metal bracket that's rusted on the back so I'll have to figure something out .Thanks for the input. Aha my euro plate is from when I lived in Italy before moving here so I kept it as a memory and feel like trying it here. Anyways thx and cheers
Appreciate 0