E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Rear CF Diffuser + hitch/tow hook

05-03-2015, 09:30 AM   #1
sx33
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E92 335i -11

Rear CF Diffuser + hitch/tow hook

Hello,

I have a 335i E92 LCI -11 with OEM M-sport rear bumper, looking like this:

I'm looking for a CF high quality replacement.

The thing is that my car is equipped with an OEM automatic hitch/tow hook/trailer tow (don't know the real name of thing-thing in english/american ) But I have a button in the trunk, when I push it the hook drops down.

An alternative with fins would be nice, but everything that acutally work with my rear hook are of interest.

I see some vendors reffering to "M-tech bumper", is that the same/replika of the bumper I have or is it an after market bumper?
Do all diffusers work with the hook or must I find a special one?

I've tried the search function, but didn't found anything about you guys using a hook. But I've read alot of cons with Duke CF, so Iäll look at some other brand.

Hit me!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #2
sx33
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

I've found this CF diffuser in Sweden and seem to have cut outs for a tow/hitch.
But it do look exactly as the sstock, except for the carbon. Don't know anything about who is manufacturing this, or how the fitment is.

http://www.schmiedmann.se/sv/bmw-e92...t=IN929335MCAR
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 05:32 AM   #3
sx33
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

I can't be the only one with OEM electric hitch wanting a bad ass diffuser? Or is it uncommon in the US with hitch?
I looked under the car, and there is a cut-out in the OEM plastic diffuser, seem only from underneith not from rear, looks like the CF cut-out in the link I posted in previous post.
But I'm looking for a more aggressive looking diffuser, something like the RWcarbon or the DD.

I actually sent an email to RW, they couldn't remember installing a diffuser on a hitch equipped car so they couldn't tell for sure it will fit.
I've also sent email to DD and Arkym, still awaiting reply from them.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 09:25 AM   #4
sx33
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Bump...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 09:51 AM   #5
max_k20
Bavarian Love
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx33 View Post
I can't be the only one with OEM electric hitch wanting a bad ass diffuser? Or is it uncommon in the US with hitch?
I looked under the car, and there is a cut-out in the OEM plastic diffuser, seem only from underneith not from rear, looks like the CF cut-out in the link I posted in previous post.
But I'm looking for a more aggressive looking diffuser, something like the RWcarbon or the DD.

I actually sent an email to RW, they couldn't remember installing a diffuser on a hitch equipped car so they couldn't tell for sure it will fit.
I've also sent email to DD and Arkym, still awaiting reply from them.
In canada (and I suppose the US) the car towing rating is NONE and i've been told (not looking to add a hitch myself) that adding a hitch to the 335 will void the dealer warranty as the car isnt rated for towing here ! Your best bet would be to verify with european forum as not a lot of people with hitch on their bimmer here !
Appreciate 0