E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Gearbox Stuck to engine after Bearing Seized up. HELP PLEASE!!!

05-02-2015, 01:05 AM   #1
Leego Lee
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

Gearbox Stuck to engine after Bearing Seized up. HELP PLEASE!!!

I was planning to go and get my clutch kit changed on my 2006 320d e90 manual. But I suppose I took too long and drove the car in any case. Needless to say what resulted in that, the bearing that was making a grinding noise on start and change of gear finally gave in and seized up.

The car was not starting so I had to get it towed to my local guy and now he can't pull the gear box out to change the clutch kit.

He says when the pilot bearing seized up it seems to have bonded not only to the shaft but to where it joins to the engine. Whennthey try to pull out the gearbox only moves about an inch out. He recomends breaking the bell housing of the gearbox so they can cut the shaft to free the gearbox and get to where the bearing bonded to.

If we go the route of breaking the gearbox, for me it is going to be a costly exersice because I will need to buy not only a new clutch kit but a replacement gearbox as well.,

Has anyone experienced this. please I tried to search all over the net but havent fund anything related to this.

Appreciate 0