E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Passenger side blinker got kicked off

04-30-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
Madcat
Rep
Drives: Searching

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Passenger side blinker got kicked off

Last night as I left worked I walked up my car and saw my passenger side blinker had been kicked off. It was still attached to the wire dangling off the side with a shoe print underneath where it would sit. It still works and I disconnected it from the cable so I wouldn't be driving with it dangling off at 65+ mph.

How are these things attached? I couldn't find a clip or anything to hold it back on. Nothing on the small plastic blinker itself seems to be broken so I'm assuming some type of retention clip either got knocked off inside the body or the miscreant took it. If it's a clip I'd really like to just order that and stick it back on. I didn't want to epoxy it or anything because I can't imagine that's how BMW originally attached it.

For clarification this is the small white blinker affixed to the side of the car just forward of the front door on a 2006 330i.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Garage List
The plastic light housing slides in the opening on one side and snaps into place on the other side. I don't remember if it was left or right first, but should only work one way.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Garage List
Looks like slide left, snap on the right.

Appreciate 0