E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Extended warranty at the dealer - many potential issues, discuss thrown codes/etc?

04-28-2015, 03:30 AM   #1
335xMD
N54 Crew
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Extended warranty at the dealer - many potential issues, discuss thrown codes/etc?

Do you guys (without BMW warranties) tell the BMW dealership about relevant codes you've found/deleted when going for repairs? Or do you just tailor your descriptions of problems and let them go about their work? My main concern here is diagnostic fees, obviously...

Initially just wanted a walnut blast & turbo evaluation for rattle, but since opening the hood a few times this summer I've had numerous new things come to light (bought the car in November with 87k, now have 90k but have Route66 Main Street Deluxe warranty). I legit think that all of these have the potential to be replaced:
- Turbos/WG (had 30FF & 3100, replaced lines, no more codes but rattle is sooo bad)
- Fuel pump (2AAF)
- Fuel injectors
- Valve cover (likely cracked...)
- Front driver's side control arm bushing or wheel bearing
- Oil filter housing gasket

Just trying to play it right as I'm not going to an indy this time... figure the dealership's more capable/credible for turbo replacement while having an extended warranty, but with all these other (rather expensive) issues I'm concerned about being met with resistance on new turbos (i.e. either having them waste diagnostic time on the vacuum system, or trying things like new vacuum lines or new actuator and paying for diagnosis over multiple visits). I just replaced all the vacuum lines, plugs, coils, vanos solenoids (threw 2A82 recently) and would prefer to get everything done right the first time... thanks for any advice!

Last edited by 335xMD; 04-28-2015 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: apparently TL;DR
Appreciate 0