E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Any Bass Fisherman in the NYC/LI Area?

04-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

Any Bass Fisherman in the NYC/LI Area?

Hey guys, looking for some local fishing spots to fish. I'm mainly fish for bass (small and large), walleye, muskie, aka freshwater fisher.

Local knowledge is power. I'm mainly a shore fisherman and i like to cover ground. I don't have a boat, but if you do...ill bring the beer!

Looking for public small ponds, lakes, proven grounds.

Thanks in advanced.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
DannoE90
Rep
Drives: BSM E90 335i x-drive

I fish both fresh and saltwater a good amount. As for sweet water I don't usually venture far from where I live (Bellmore), but there are some pretty decent spots if you know what you're doing. The problem with the fishing scene around here is that many spots are over fished, as most people hit all the popular better known spots. That's fine by me because I have a few gems that I keep all to myself

Where are you located? I can try and point you in the right direction. Getting some waders will definitely up your odds a bit, changed the game for me. I fish mainly for largemouth and pickerel, and on the rare occasion trout. The only walleye spot I know of is Ronkonkoma.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #3
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoE90 View Post
I fish both fresh and saltwater a good amount. As for sweet water I don't usually venture far from where I live (Bellmore), but there are some pretty decent spots if you know what you're doing. The problem with the fishing scene around here is that many spots are over fished, as most people hit all the popular better known spots. That's fine by me because I have a few gems that I keep all to myself

Where are you located? I can try and point you in the right direction. Getting some waders will definitely up your odds a bit, changed the game for me. I fish mainly for largemouth and pickerel, and on the rare occasion trout. The only walleye spot I know of is Ronkonkoma.
I live in Brooklyn, but i work in Amityville. I don't mind exploring different spots, local advice is always best, instead of picking a body of water. Looking to go after work and occasional boring weekends.

I lived in Utah where it was all trout (best fly fishing/lightweight anywhere IMO), left my waders there.... I usually get in the water anyways with old shoes which is necessary when your covering ground around a lake/pond.

Im mainly a bass fisherman and river fisher (walleye, muskie, night cat fishing) back in Pittsburgh, but out here bass for now.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #4
rookieoftheyr90
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i xDrive LCI

stripers should be here soon!

http://www.onthewater.com/striper-mi...april-23-2015/
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 06:51 AM   #5
Stucks
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoE90 View Post

Im from down your way, here in md, and what you are saying is true. People look up the trout stocking schedule online and when i go out to ponds or streams right after a schedule stocking date, nothing but novice fishermen pulling all the farm fish out of the water lol. those fish havent even been in there for more than 24 hours in some cases, but hey thats what they stock them in there for. Doesnt stop me from pulling a couple out myself lol although i usually put whatever i catch back.

however trout fishing and bass fishing are completely different and use different tackle. original poster, you just have to decide if you want to fish streams from the shore or lakes/ponds and possibly in a boat.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 10:12 AM   #6
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucks View Post
Im from down your way, here in md, and what you are saying is true. People look up the trout stocking schedule online and when i go out to ponds or streams right after a schedule stocking date, nothing but novice fishermen pulling all the farm fish out of the water lol. those fish havent even been in there for more than 24 hours in some cases, but hey thats what they stock them in there for. Doesnt stop me from pulling a couple out myself lol although i usually put whatever i catch back.

however trout fishing and bass fishing are completely different and use different tackle. original poster, you just have to decide if you want to fish streams from the shore or lakes/ponds and possibly in a boat.
I havent caught a bass in over a year. its killing me. Nothing but trout in Utah, dont get me wrong it was awesome, but bass fishing is what i like best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookieoftheyr90 View Post

I would love to start fishing for stripers. I used to do a lot of striper fishing, but in big lakes on boat or right up against large dams. Striper fishing out here on the coast, surf fishing is all new to me. I have heard lots about it. The size of striper out here are incomparable to what i have caught. haha
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 02:08 PM   #7
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0