EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

04-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #1
Appeltje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 F82

1.5 week ago I've took ownership of a beautiful new Silverstone M4 with carbon roof and all the good stuff. When arriving home we've noticed 2 wheels had light curb damage and the passenger door had 2 very light flaws/dents which is caused by somebody hitting their door when the car was still on the dealer lot.

I've contacted the dealer the next day and they were sorry that this happend and would immediately take care of this. We made an appointment and I've brought the car last Monday to the dealer for repair where they informed they would fix it all and would re-spray the wheels.

It took them more time then expected and visited them this evening to find out what's going on and when the car will be ready to take home again. On arrival the car wasn't ready but was able to perform a pre-inspection.

When inspecting the car two wheels were repainted and already had new scratches up to the alloy metal from mounting the tires and wheels!!!!

What should I do? Have them repaint the wheels again.....or should I protest and request new wheels?

Assume the OEM wheels are powdercoated which are more scratch resistent then any other aftermarket epoxy paint.....or am I wrong?
Appreciate 0