ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-06-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
Estoril1992
Private
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3 DCT

M3 Order Placed!

Took my nearly a month to do it, but I managed to place my Order on Saturday evening for a YMB DCT M3 . Its going to be a long two months to wait. The spec is as follows:

-Bicolour wheels
-Silverstone Leather
-Advanced Parking Package
-HUD
-HK System
-Model Deletion
-Sun Protection Glass
-Heated Steering Wheel
-Heated Rear Seats
-Sliding Armrest
-Adaptive Headlights
-Speed Limit Display

I also got the M Performance Kit:
-Front Diffuser + lower Splitter
-Gloss Black Grills
-Black Side Grills
-Mirror Caps
-Spoiler
-Rear Diffuser
-M Performance Pedals

I just now need to decide if I want the front lip to be painted high gloss black or body colour, what are peoples opinion?

Also part of the deal I managed to get the I8 for two days which was an incredible experience!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 01:38 PM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Congratulations!! I8 was a nice touch, my dealer sucks!
      04-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #3
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril1992 View Post
Took my nearly a month to do it, but I managed to place my Order on Saturday evening for a YMB DCT M3 . Its going to be a long two months to wait. The spec is as follows:

-Bicolour wheels
-Silverstone Leather
-HUD
-HK System
-Model Deletion
-Sun Protection Glass
-Heated Steering Wheel
-Heated Rear Seats
-Sliding Armrest
-Adaptive Headlights
-Speed Limit Display

-Gloss Black Grills
-Black Side Grills
-Mirror Caps
-Spoiler
-Rear Diffuser
-M Performance Pedals

I just now need to decide if I want the front lip to be painted high gloss black or body colour, what are peoples opinion?

Also part of the deal I managed to get the I8 for two days which was an incredible experience!
Really nice build, the footrest does not come as part of the M performance pedal set. If you want one PASCO.HK can supply a RHD version as BM does not even do it in RHD. Are you going to put on a gloss black M3 Badge? My lip is body colour BSM.
Cheers Denso
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #4
WulsgM4
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT4 MG340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril1992 View Post

-Bicolour wheels
-Silverstone Leather
-HUD
-HK System
-Model Deletion
-Sun Protection Glass
-Heated Steering Wheel
-Heated Rear Seats
-Sliding Armrest
-Adaptive Headlights
-Speed Limit Display

-Gloss Black Grills
-Black Side Grills
-Mirror Caps
-Spoiler
-Rear Diffuser
-M Performance Pedals

Congrats I like you spec on your build
I would go for Gloss black for the front lip I think it will complete your M Performance kit

I8 for 2 days is a new freebie very nice what was the dealer you are getting your new toy from ????
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:48 AM   #5
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Congrats! Very nice spec and mod plans.

I ordered the MP body kit from another dealer who offered around 20% off... I have the mirror caps and front CF bumper attachment a miss. I may change my mind about the mirror caps and get them added.

I went with LEDs as the words out the LCI would have LEDs as standard... But that's not all, I like technology and a lot of people have spoken very highly off it.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 06:09 AM   #6
Estoril1992
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post

Really nice build, the footrest does not come as part of the M performance pedal set. If you want one PASCO.HK can supply a RHD version as BM does not even do it in RHD. Are you going to put on a gloss black M3 Badge? My lip is body colour BSM.
Cheers Denso
I saw that and I was probably going to get that as well just so they all look the same. I did't know you could get gloss badges. Is that badge the one for the grill or rear of the car? I have deleted the rear badge just because I like a clean finish at the back and is easier to polish .

I really can't make my mind up on wether to go with gloss black or body coloured. This will be a very very hard decision
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #7
Estoril1992
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WulsgM4 View Post
Congrats I like you spec on your build
I would go for Gloss black for the front lip I think it will complete your M Performance kit

I8 for 2 days is a new freebie very nice what was the dealer you are getting your new toy from ????
I forgot to mention that I had the M4 for Saturday then the I8 on Sunday and Monday. I ordered from John Clark Aberdeen, they were really not budging on price so to make myself feel better I asked for the following test drives and they agreed
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #8
Estoril1992
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA View Post

I ordered the MP body kit from another dealer who offered around 20% off... I have the mirror caps and front CF bumper attachment a miss. I may change my mind about the mirror caps and get them added.

I went with LEDs as the words out the LCI would have LEDs as standard... But that's not all, I like technology and a lot of people have spoken very highly off it.
I had a test drive with a car with LEDs but for local driving I did't see that much of a difference that I would spend £1600 for the perk. Do you really believe they are that good that they're worth £1600?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 07:01 AM   #9
Gac101177
M4-SAHD
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
I really like the way it looks gloss black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-08-2015, 07:10 AM   #10
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril1992
Quote:

I had a test drive with a car with LEDs but for local driving I did't see that much of a difference that I would spend 1600 for the perk. Do you really believe they are that good that they're worth 1600?
I honestly don't believe they're worth £1600.. But because I missed out on the dancing lights on the current F30 by having non adaptive xenons I would to go extra with the F82..

I would have gone with at least adaptive on the xenons which costs around £375 (top of my head)... From there you're looking at additional £1200.. The £1200 gives you the future technology and an updated front...

I live in London and drive mostly in the day, I doubt I will get the full benefit, not for now anyways, but I know it's something I would really regret not getting and car would feel incomplete in the back in my head. + I really look the look of the front of the car with LEDs
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 07:12 AM   #11
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gac101177
Gotta say "I love you man"! My car is AY which I am hoping to arrive in 10 days... I bought the MP kit and left out the front bumper carbon attachment...

I was debating having the front splitter painted Gloss Black or Body Colour, and thanks to YOU, now I have an image with the splitter painted in Gloss Black.

Looks very smart! Love it
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 07:47 AM   #12
Estoril1992
Private
Rep

Quote:
I honestly don't believe they're worth £1600.. But because I missed out on the dancing lights on the current F30 by having non adaptive xenons I would to go extra with the F82..

I would have gone with at least adaptive on the xenons which costs around £375 (top of my head)... From there you're looking at additional £1200.. The £1200 gives you the future technology and an updated front...

I live in London and drive mostly in the day, I doubt I will get the full benefit, not for now anyways, but I know it's something I would really regret not getting and car would feel incomplete in the back in my head. + I really look the look of the front of the car with LEDs
Hmmm i didn't spec the adaptive on my 335d either and got that this time, now you have me thinking that I will regret it as well...

I really don't want to spend another penny on extras cause my wife will kill me, I was being sneaky with the order and didn't tell her the price of change from the 335d . She wasn't impressed when she found out, hopefully I can sell my 335d for good money and I can add it in.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 07:52 AM   #13
Estoril1992
Private
Rep

The AY colour with the gloss black splitter does look beautiful but I have ordered the Carbon Attachments so don't want the front of the car to be to black and blend in at the bottom so thats why I am unsure on body colour or gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 07:57 AM   #14
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril1992
Quote:
I honestly don't believe they're worth ÂÂà ƒÂ‚Ã‚Â£1600.. But because I missed out on the dancing lights on the current F30 by having non adaptive xenons I would to go extra with the F82..

I would have gone with at least adaptive on the xenons which costs around ÂÂà ƒÂ‚Ã‚Â£375 (top of my head)... From there you're looking at additional ÂÂà ƒÂ‚Ã‚Â£1200.. The ÂÂà ƒÂ‚Ã‚Â£1200 gives you the future technology and an updated front...

Hmmm i didn't spec the adaptive on my 335d either and got that this time, now you have me thinking that I will regret it as well...

I really don't want to spend another penny on extras cause my wife will kill me, I was being sneaky with the order and didn't tell her the price of change from the 335d . She wasn't impressed when she found out, hopefully I can sell my 335d for good money and I can add it in.
Good luck with the sale of the 35d, hopefully you get plenty of extra cash! Amen!

Since you're going for the M3, LEDs are currently not available on the 3 series, and it's something for sure would make your car stand out even more from a standard 3...

Love spending your money here! Lol. Go with your heart and mind, but looking at your 3, you've gone all out with spec and kit and unfortunately with LEDs it's not something you can "later" add.

Wait and see on the sale of your 35d, if you get the extra cash, then seriously consider it
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2015, 06:34 AM   #15
Gac101177
M4-SAHD
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gac101177
Gotta say "I love you man"! My car is AY which I am hoping to arrive in 10 days... I bought the MP kit and left out the front bumper carbon attachment...

I was debating having the front splitter painted Gloss Black or Body Colour, and thanks to YOU, now I have an image with the splitter painted in Gloss Black.

Looks very smart! Love it
I have the CF splitters they are painted AY there was a noticeable gap without them but I didn't want CF.
Appreciate 0