F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Wheel Cleaner
Extreme Powerhouse

04-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #1
feng
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 328i M-Sport AW

Wheel Cleaner

Hey guys.

I noticed that a lot of you use Adams or other US based cleaners.

Where do you normally buy these from and is shipping worth it?

I was looking to buy some Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner, but happy to do a small bulk buy if others here are keen. I have 2 people who are already keen, so can get a 6 pack or 12 pack which would offset the freight quite nicely.

Thoughts?

Feng.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 03:13 AM   #2
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by feng View Post
Hey guys.

I noticed that a lot of you use Adams or other US based cleaners.

Where do you normally buy these from and is shipping worth it?

I was looking to buy some Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner, but happy to do a small bulk buy if others here are keen. I have 2 people who are already keen, so can get a 6 pack or 12 pack which would offset the freight quite nicely.

Thoughts?

Feng.
How much per spray we talking?
      04-05-2015, 03:28 AM   #3
KT_F31_EBII
First Time Bimmer
Australia
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EB II

I switched from Duragloss products to Adam's for most of my bucket wash products. For wheel cleaner, you need the one with purple colour change to remove the excess iron break dust as it's very effective. I previously use Einszett 1Z, the Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner is also recommended.

go to Adam's Australia (http://www.adamspolishes.net.au) or carcareproducts (https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/)

Ordered Due August 2017: 2017 Audi A4 AVANT 2.0 TFSI Quattro MY17 S-Line, Exclusive Nogaro Blue
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 05:25 AM   #4
feng
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ00 View Post
How much per spray we talking?
Was thinking of 6-12 spray bottles and some brushes... but... after what KT posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT_F31_EBII View Post
I switched from Duragloss products to Adam's for most of my bucket wash products. For wheel cleaner, you need the one with purple colour change to remove the excess iron break dust as it's very effective. I previously use Einszett 1Z, the Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner is also recommended.

go to Adam's Australia (http://www.adamspolishes.net.au) or carcareproducts (https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/)
I knew about duragloss and various others, but read good things about Sonax and Adams... just couldn't find suppliers in Australia. I think I may just get the 1 Gallon from Adams which works out ok if I split it with my friend.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #5
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by feng View Post
Was thinking of 6-12 spray bottles and some brushes... but... after what KT posted...

I knew about duragloss and various others, but read good things about Sonax and Adams... just couldn't find suppliers in Australia. I think I may just get the 1 Gallon from Adams which works out ok if I split it with my friend.
Hi feng,
Maybe I'm to late here.
Not to far from you is a company at Buderim, QLD.
www.bowdensown.com.au
They make a lot of cleaning products.

Their WHEELY CLEAN has - pH Neutral balanced formula - Acid free - Non corrosive - Perfect for Heavy Brake Dust and Grime and is safe on All Types of Wheels.
A lot of Car Washers people use are Not Suitable for Wheels
I found out the hard way. After 12 months my Chrome Wheels started to have pits/marks that I couldn't get off.
After a lot of research found that some of the Good Brand Cleaning Products indicated they might have traces of Acid, Phosphate, Salt etc., were Not Suitable for Wheels and were not stated on there Products.

Other BOWDENS Products Contain - Rust Inhibiting Agents - UV Protectants - No Harm Full Silicones or Corrosive Salt - Are Phosphate Free and Biodegradable.
HOW does Adamspolishes stack up against having these additives? Perhaps they are another Brand to consider along with what Additives are in the Products You are Using at the moment.

As an old guy just looking after my car I've had no issues with my latest set of Chrome Wheels and - NO I Dont Work For Bowdens Own, ha. ha.

Good Luck with Looking After and Protecting Your Beemer.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 08:38 PM   #6
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
+1 for Bowden wheel cleaner...they use the similar forumla and ingredient as the BMW OEM / Sonax wheel cleaner. once you spray them to your wheels, the liquid would change its colour to red after 5-10 mins.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #7
feng
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTony View Post
Hi feng,
Maybe I'm to late here.
Not to far from you is a company at Buderim, QLD.
www.bowdensown.com.au
They make a lot of cleaning products.

Their WHEELY CLEAN has - pH Neutral balanced formula - Acid free - Non corrosive - Perfect for Heavy Brake Dust and Grime and is safe on All Types of Wheels.
A lot of Car Washers people use are Not Suitable for Wheels
I found out the hard way. After 12 months my Chrome Wheels started to have pits/marks that I couldn't get off.
After a lot of research found that some of the Good Brand Cleaning Products indicated they might have traces of Acid, Phosphate, Salt etc., were Not Suitable for Wheels and were not stated on there Products.

Other BOWDENS Products Contain - Rust Inhibiting Agents - UV Protectants - No Harm Full Silicones or Corrosive Salt - Are Phosphate Free and Biodegradable.
HOW does Adamspolishes stack up against having these additives? Perhaps they are another Brand to consider along with what Additives are in the Products You are Using at the moment.

As an old guy just looking after my car I've had no issues with my latest set of Chrome Wheels and - NO I Dont Work For Bowdens Own, ha. ha.

Good Luck with Looking After and Protecting Your Beemer.
Thanks for the thorough explanation GTony.

At the moment I'm using normal wash and plenty of elbow grease, but it's more the inside of the wheel which is hard to get to, and I figured a spray and my pressure cleaner should help with that.

I haven't bought anything yet... procrastination
Appreciate 0