GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

03-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
Flying Low
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3, 2003 M3, 2015 M4

Caliper mounting torque

Does anyone know the proper torque values for mounting the front and rear calipers on the M4? I know the front bolts are 12X1.5 10.9. I haven't looked at the rear bolts yet. These bolts screw directly into the aluminum caliper itself so I really don't want to over torque the bolts.

I'm removing the calipers in a last ditch effort to get rid of the transfer material caused by my failed attempt to bed in the Pagid RSL ceramic pads. After driving around for several hundred miles with the OEM pads, I still get judder with the OEM pads but certainly not as bad as when the RSL's were on.
Thanks,
Terry
      03-25-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
kitesurfer
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
Dont know the torque but Did you consider having your rotors turned/sanded by a shop? You should not need to remove the calipers for this
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 11:10 PM   #3
Flying Low
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3, 2003 M3, 2015 M4

I took the rotors off myself so that I could properly sand both sides. Not even TMS could provide me with the torque. I'm awaiting my selling BMW dealer to give me the info but I'm not sure they will provide it either. Normally, the front 12X1.5 10.9 bolt into aluminum with proper thread depth (2X the thread Dia.) should be around 60 ft-lbs but I just want to make sure. I haven't looked at the back yet because the rotor coloring looks OK.

Terry