F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > TPMS
Extreme Powerhouse

03-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
Olddriver60
Olddriver60
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F44 218i sport GC Auto

TPMS

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar gremlin to this:
I left the car at work, on Wednesday, nice and safe adjacent to the security gate house, drove to Preston for a business meeting in a hire car, stayed overnight , drive back on Thursday and having arrived back at the factory the last thing I expected or wanted was to get into my car start her up and have the display screen tell me I had low tyre pressure on all four wheels, I got out the car all looked normal so I drove the half mile to the BP garage where I parted with a £1 coin to use their tyre inflator, I set the value on the machine to 29psi for the front wheels and 31psi for the rears, close enough to the 2 and 2.2 Bar values for my tyre size, the BP machine didn't have a metric setting, I digress,
All four tyres took next to nothing in air. So I ran through the i - drive menu and set system to initialise a TP reset, and having assured my self that there was the right amount of air in the tyres drove off, and after about a mile the graphics on the display screen showed all four tyres as green and the TPMS status said Active. However the warning triangle on the instrument panel was still showing and the warning display returned on the i drive after another mile or so and continues to display every time the car is started and driven.

I have carried out a reset half a dozen times without clearing the alerts, I have checked the tyres again with a calibrated gauge, no loss of pressure, I checked the treads of all tyres no damage. I phoned the dealer yesterday Harry Fairbairn, Irvine and the cars booked in for 8:30 on Monday.
I will be interested to find out the reason behind this anomaly, being of a suspicious nature I did wonder if whilst parked up at work overnight somebody might have tampered with the car, but I having thought about it I have rejected the idea, The area is under 24/7 CCTV monitoring, the security team are all known to me and I would be surprised if someone would be stupid enough to get up to mischief, not if the value their job that is,
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 01:14 PM   #2
Olddriver60
Olddriver60
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F44 218i sport GC Auto

Update on TPMS,
Dealer checked the pressures and confirmed that they were as per the vehicle data for tyre size and visually inspected the tyres found no damage, they cleared the fault code and reset the TPMS and sent me on my way, they could offer no explanation as to why the anomaly had occurred.
      03-31-2015, 02:51 PM   #3
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

Disgraceful. A whole pound! Asda is 20p and Sainsbury's is free
Appreciate 0