E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Lost all Personal Profile features

03-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
cassos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M2, 08 335i, 03 X5

Garage List
Lost all Personal Profile features

I have a 2008 335i convertible with comfort access. It noticed that each of our two fob keys were no longer associated to any personal profile, in other words that it longer retained any seat positions, mirrors, locking preference, and all the other good things associated to a person profile as shown on page 38 of the user manual. Now, that I have to share that car more often with my wife, it does bother me and want to fix it.

I have no idea when all this started. Could it have coincided with:
- me changing the batteries of the fob keys?
- my BMW dealer performing some of these firmware updates while under warranty that would have disabled the profile / confort access?

I have search every forum about the process to follow for adjusting the seats only within one minute of unlocking the car, starting the engine, then lock the car, etc.
But again, it looks like have a deeper problem with no personal profile at all. For example, if I go to cars to Settings > Vehicle > Door Locls > Central Locking > Last Seat Positions is Desactivated, if I try to select After door opened, it gets back to Disactivated ???

These my two original fob keys, they are indeed associated with the car as ther lock / unlock / start the car, but how is it possible not to have a not personal profile?

Last edited by cassos; 03-15-2015 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 12:57 PM   #2
cassos
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Settings /Vehicle /Door Locks / Central Locking /Last Seat Positions stuck Desactivat

After further tests, I could assign different programmable memory keys for each of my two fob keys, therefore the personal profile must be working after all.

The problem might then be narrowed down to the automatic recall of the seat position per personal profile. The seats are perfectly functional, and I can program the memory 1 and 2. Then it gets back to my previous question:
Settings > Vehicle > Door Locks > Central Locking > Last Seat Positions is Desactivated
if I try to select After door opened or After unlocked, it gets back to Disactivated as if it cannot accept any other vale?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 03:10 PM   #3
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Maybe associated with that update by the dealer. I would speak with them.

Then again if you can, you could try a battery resist. Basically take the negative terminal off the battery for about 15 mins.
      03-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #4
cassos
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Disconnected the battery negative for an hour for a full computer reset, but that did not solve it.

My car is no longer under warranty, I am afraid that the BMW dealer would charge me an arm and leg for diagnostic.

Again, it seems that the only personal profile I lost is the seat position, and that seems to be due to the fact that I cannot get the Settings > Vehicle > Door Locks > Central Locking > Last Seat Positions out of the Desactivated mode.

I have no idea what is prevented that, any idea?
Appreciate 0