Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

03-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #1
simpelton
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Brake Wear

Folks, can you all please share experience with wear on the steel brakes. How many km's before replacing pads and rotors if anyone has got that far, please include if you track the car, DD, or run twisties etc every weekend and push hard. I want to figure out how often I would replace the pads and rotors on steels to make a call on steel vs CCB. Thanking you
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 10:42 PM   #2
robbo mcs
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and others

Car has done 8000km. Three track days, with my wife doing around 400km of laps. She is a relative track noobie. I have also done around 3x 20m sessions, I am an experienced racer, and driving hard. Out of the road driving another 1000km would be aggressive twisty driving.

The pads are holding up extremely well, much better than expected, worn less than a third. The wear is so good I am actually wondering if we get the oem performance pads in our cars here? People in the US seem be reporting much more pad wear. The brakes hold up really well on the track.

For comparison, the tyres are very worn, we will need to replace them before the pads the way things are going

If you were to put a dedicated set of track pads in, such as pagid RS29 which is available for these calipers, I am sure they would last extremely well.

Last edited by robbo mcs; 03-12-2015 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #3
simpelton
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Awesome, thanks - I don't think I'll be needing the ceramics then.
Appreciate 0