Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

03-03-2015, 05:28 AM   #1
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Manual

My F80 with MPe fitted in the UK

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...9#post17496009
      03-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #2
Rusk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 DCT Tanzanite Blue

Now we have even more reason to meet up
BMW M4 - Tanzanite Blue, Silverstone Full Merino Leather, M DCT, Comfort Access, Reversing Camera, Sun Protection Glass, Extended Storage, Armrest with sliding adjustment, Interior trim finisher - Pearl Chrome, Adaptive LED Headlights, High-Beam Assistant, Surround-View Camera, M Head-up Display, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound, Internet, Online Entertainment, Speed Limit Display, Piano Black Interior BMW Individual.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 10:59 AM   #3
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmarina View Post
Have you disclosed the exhaust to the insurers? My insurers want to add a premium for it
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Have you disclosed the exhaust to the insurers? My insurers want to add a premium for it
All mods have to be declared mate..
      03-04-2015, 11:15 AM   #5
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
So they loaded you too? None of the carbon parts covered a loading
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 05:43 PM   #6
Millie1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Subaru 22b

Quote:
Hi Denso did you challenge them on this , ie its not performance enhancing or is it that your policy replaces like for like so effectively the value has increased and that's how they are viewing it .

My insurance co totally happy with m parts I have added , the Can Flap module I will be fitting and the ACS springs , I did mention exhaust in the future and they said all good and no extra cost and its is a like for like policy but premium likely higher to start with .
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #7
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie1 View Post
Hi Denso did you challenge them on this , ie its not performance enhancing or is it that your policy replaces like for like so effectively the value has increased and that's how they are viewing it .

My insurance co totally happy with m parts I have added , the Can Flap module I will be fitting and the ACS springs , I did mention exhaust in the future and they said all good and no extra cost and its is a like for like policy but premium likely higher to start with .
Hi Millie,
They say like for like so the value is greater
Denso
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 05:07 PM   #8
Millie1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Subaru 22b

Quote:
Hi Millie,
They say like for like so the value is greater
Denso
The need for modding has a lot to answer for LOL as mine is a 6 months old ex demo I had the benefit of being fully run in but downside it needed some TLC .....I've done a light paint correction detail , had the wheels off and spent over an hour on each arch to get the underside looking good and polished the alloys front and back . Took it for its first fueling in my ownership ....boy do these car get a lot of good attention. Loving it big time as they say .

Taking to it over to my friends garage tomorrow so he can have a look at the cars current geo set up and see what can be adjusted so he fully prepared for the fitting of the ACS springs and spacers next Friday .

I fitted all my M performance parts that were jig gutted b the dealer on collection so ime nearly dine .... Having the can flap module to keep me happy until funds allow for the exhaust .

Can wait to see bthe full pictures of your build .
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 12:23 AM   #9
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie1 View Post
The need for modding has a lot to answer for LOL as mine is a 6 months old ex demo I had the benefit of being fully run in but downside it needed some TLC .....I've done a light paint correction detail , had the wheels off and spent over an hour on each arch to get the underside looking good and polished the alloys front and back . Took it for its first fueling in my ownership ....boy do these car get a lot of good attention. Loving it big time as they say .

Taking to it over to my friends garage tomorrow so he can have a look at the cars current geo set up and see what can be adjusted so he fully prepared for the fitting of the ACS springs and spacers next Friday .

I fitted all my M performance parts that were jig gutted b the dealer on collection so ime nearly dine .... Having the can flap module to keep me happy until funds allow for the exhaust .

Can wait to see bthe full pictures of your build .
It's all sounding good, looking forward to seeing yours also. Had a disaster with the replacement alloys yesterday, can you believe that they don't fit mVIN number etc was all given as was confirmation that they would fit. Now on the shop for a different style that I can get before 28th March
Appreciate 0