E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > A question of taste - I know

01-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
A question of taste - I know

Looking for opinions. Due to hangovers about internal finish in previous cars, I paid the extra for burr walnut trim to go with the cream beige leather and thought that the bit of black of the handbrake lever sticking out of cream beige leather gaiter didn't look very good so I splashed out for a burr walnut handbrake handle.

I'm now tempted to get the burr walnut/leather gear knob. It is the same as the standard gear knob except the aluminium bit is replaced with burr walnut. Is this beginning to go over the top as I quite like the standard gearknob and it goes quite well with the metal trim on the wheel?

You can see some pics in my garage photos.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Yes it's a question of taste, and IMO I think you'd be better off going for the wood gearknob - it completes the centre console and ties-in with the handbrake lever and gearbox surround. The metal on the steering wheel doesn't really interfere with the look as the distance between the two is great enough to negate any 'contrast' issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
The mish-mash of colors with the lighter upholstery is the primary reason I got the black leather - black dashboard, brown wood trim, light upholstery all together just didn't do it for me. But I agree with Tony that the wood gearknob would certainly complement the handbrake handle.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0