European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

02-17-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
Rontxhou
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 F83 & 2015 X5 50i F15

Clear Bra in Houston

Anyone have experience with Suncap Auto Tint(Mingo) for a clear bra? How about tint?

Looking for a full front clip wrapped.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 11:44 PM   #2
M3soHRNY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Yaz Blu

Buddy of mine did the Xpel on his Lexus and he is pleased with the outcome
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #3
Dshady
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

He did my A6 last year. The tint job was as good as I have ever seen done and was very pleased. I did the full xpel on the front and he did fine but did not wrap the edges like we originally discussed. He did agree to redo it at any time if I wasn't happy with it but it turned out to be fine anyways. I also had him do the door edges and top of the rear bumper to protect from luggage, those turned out great.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
Rontxhou
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshady View Post
He did my A6 last year. The tint job was as good as I have ever seen done and was very pleased. I did the full xpel on the front and he did fine but did not wrap the edges like we originally discussed. He did agree to redo it at any time if I wasn't happy with it but it turned out to be fine anyways. I also had him do the door edges and top of the rear bumper to protect from luggage, those turned out great.
Thanks! Appreciate the feedback. Will make sure that we are very clear on what he is agreeing to do.

I am curious about the door edges.... I am assuming that you can see where the paint protection starts and stops?? What color is your A6? I thought about doing this but not sure how the finished product will look. Both our BMWs are daily drivers so I see a real benefit in this.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
Dshady
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rontxhou View Post
Thanks! Appreciate the feedback. Will make sure that we are very clear on what he is agreeing to do.

I am curious about the door edges.... I am assuming that you can see where the paint protection starts and stops?? What color is your A6? I thought about doing this but not sure how the finished product will look. Both our BMWs are daily drivers so I see a real benefit in this.
The A6 is Glacier white close to Mineral white I think. You can see the edge and it runs the entire height of the painted portion of the door but it is a very narrow strip, maybe 1/4" wide. It actually makes me happy to see it as the GF is not as careful as I would like. I will definitely do this on the M3 when the time comes.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #6
M3soHRNY
Private First Class
Rep

Make sure the do a full wrap on it and not just stop short on the corners and edges.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #7
Rontxhou
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3soHRNY View Post
Make sure the do a full wrap on it and not just stop short on the corners and edges.
Thx. Will do! Dropping off the F83 tomorrow night and leaving until Monday...

Doing Full front clip, headlights, mirrors, rockers, door handle inserts, roof a-pillars, rear bumper deck and tint.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 06:39 PM   #8
M3soHRNY
Private First Class
Rep

Mind me asking how much they are charging you?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 06:43 PM   #9
Dshady
Private First Class
Rep

How did it turn out and are you happy with it?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 07:50 PM   #10
Rontxhou
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshady View Post
How did it turn out and are you happy with it?
We are at our house in Aspen for a few weeks skiing, but we did get/see the car the day before leaving and it looked great. Want to look it over carefully when we get back to Houston.

They did a great job wrapping from what I could tell in our quick peek. Took off pretty much everything they could. All told, they spent almost 5 days with the car. Mingo did an excellent job keeping me up to speed with status.

We did full front clip (including mirrors and headlights), A pillars, rockers, door edges, door cups, and luggage area. They also did ceramic tint and some detail work prior to the clear bra.

They had a sweet Z06 in while ours was there and Mingo said it was funny that no one paid any attention to it and wanted to check out the new M4 convertible....

I am having them do our new 50i when we get back to Houston. I think my business partner will take his GT4 when he gets it as well.

Next my wife wants to upgrade the sound system. Anyone have a recommendation for a good shop?
Appreciate 0