Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

02-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

A/C and Climate Control System not on when Starting Car..

So, all of a sudden, one day, when I turn on the the car, the climate control system is no longer on, and I have to press the auto button to start it. This is not just the A/C or blower, or one component, it is the entire climate control system that just isn't on when I start the car.

This happened one day out of the blue; not after I did any coding, or anything like that, it just happened.

Any ideas?

I've gone into the ECU via E-SYS and made sure that the settings for A/C remember last setting is activ and all that.
      02-15-2015, 02:38 PM   #2
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
So, all of a sudden, one day, when I turn on the the car, the climate control system is no longer on, and I have to press the auto button to start it. This is not just the A/C or blower, or one component, it is the entire climate control system that just isn't on when I start the car.

This happened one day out of the blue; not after I did any coding, or anything like that, it just happened.

Any ideas?

I've gone into the ECU via E-SYS and made sure that the settings for A/C remember last setting is activ and all that.
I wonder if there is another module to code the info as on (btw, I have this as std in mine as being a Vert I actually prefer everything to be off on start-up as with roof down it is of course not needed )

Seemed like when I got my car coded by Shawn Sheridan, that most functions required tagging the same item in 2-3 modules in E-SYS - but I am no expert. The other odd thing that we experienced was that for the life of us we (more correctly he!) could not get the coding to have the mirrors to fold automatically when remote locking the car to work - tried numerous approaches and again had to hunt down more than one location in the coding to change. We decided to leave it as is and sure enough, when I got home, shut the system does one more time and re-started everything up and lo and behold it worked!! Almost as though the software needed a multiple reboot to take the new coding as std. Again this is not very helpful but does seem like your issue would most probably be related to prior coding and any recent alterations you made in E-SYS?

Apologies fro rambling!!
      02-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #3
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Anyone have any ideas on this?
      02-19-2015, 05:14 PM   #4
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Bump for any answers?
      02-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #5
SIN_CITY_TROLL
Livin the Dream!
United_States
Rep
Drives: EVERYTHING

Quote:

Any ideas?

my best guess is he did this code to turn of the memory... after its coded, it usually take a while for it to go through...

IHKA 3002 MEMORY_OFF aktiv nicht_aktiv Air Conditioning will remember if ‘Off’ or ‘On’ from previous shutdown.

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 08:20 PM   #6
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBMWVegas View Post
my best guess is he did this code to turn of the memory... after its coded, it usually take a while for it to go through...

IHKA 3002 MEMORY_OFF aktiv nicht_aktiv Air Conditioning will remember if ‘Off’ or ‘On’ from previous shutdown.
I don't think I changed that, but I can check. So we're clear, I should set that to nicht_aktiv to make it remember the setting each time?
      02-21-2015, 08:32 PM   #7
SIN_CITY_TROLL
Livin the Dream!
United_States
Rep
Drives: EVERYTHING

Quote:
I don't think I changed that, but I can check. So we're clear, I should set that to nicht_aktiv to make it remember the setting each time?
It should be "aktiv" so that it remembers from previous shut down.

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #8
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBMWVegas
Quote:
It should be "aktiv" so that it remembers from previous shut down.
I'll check mine next time I'm in there but when I bought my car used with coding already done, the AC was off every time and it drove me nuts. I went in there and changed the line. I believe they had it set to aktiv which drove me crazy.

This line is kind of like a double negative. It's titled MEMORY_OFF so you want it not active so memory is on.
      02-22-2015, 10:12 PM   #9
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post
I'll check mine next time I'm in there but when I bought my car used with coding already done, the AC was off every time and it drove me nuts. I went in there and changed the line. I believe they had it set to aktiv which drove me crazy.

This line is kind of like a double negative. It's titled MEMORY_OFF so you want it not active so memory is on.
Yep, that was exactly it. For some reason, I must have changed it to aktiv when I did some coding, but it took awhile for it to take effect. I went in tonight and changed it back to nicht_aktiv and immediately the blower came on (once I coded and saved the fdl, that is), which is what I had it on last time I drove the car. So, things should be fixed now.

Thanks, everyone
      02-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #10
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post

Yep, that was exactly it. For some reason, I must have changed it to aktiv when I did some coding, but it took awhile for it to take effect. I went in tonight and changed it back to nicht_aktiv and immediately the blower came on (once I coded and saved the fdl, that is), which is what I had it on last time I drove the car. So, things should be fixed now.

Thanks, everyone
It's like that on one of the commonly used cheat sheets. I had to look at it twice too.