E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Place to fit VRSF decat pipes near Essex

01-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #1
Dave2013
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Place to fit VRSF decat pipes near Essex

I am off to see Makkann00 in the not too distant future for the alpina tranny flash and it makes sense since I am down that way to get other mods sorted on the car (JB4/VRSF DPs/Intake Pipes etc).

Any places around the Essex area (or anywhere close I will pass traveling from Warwickshire) that you guys would suggest could do the DPS?

Dave
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Dave
Ring these guys
http://www.prestigevehiclerepairs.com/

And see if they can do it. Speak to Nick who is owner and very helpful.

I take my car to these guys and have full confidence on them.

PS: I never told them that I am makkan00 from E9x forum though...
      01-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #3
Dave2013
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Cheers mate.

They were on my list, just wanted to know of anyone else in case they cant.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 04:37 AM   #4
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
+1 for Prestige.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 05:14 AM   #5
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Not sure if old grey steve can do these, he's in Stevenage
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 03:38 AM   #6
DMH-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport

AMD Tuning

I've also used Prestige in the past.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 04:02 AM   #7
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH-01 View Post
AMD Tuning

Avoid AMD. Cowboys!!!!

Extremely poor customer service. If you ring / e-mail them then you get feedback otherwise they do not contact you.

I am still stuck with these bunch of cowboys and have to chase them everyother day. Everytime there is a new story.

They might be good with VAG stuff but most of VAG owners are not as fussy as bmw drivers IMO, and so these guys.
      02-01-2015, 05:05 AM   #8
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
Not sure if old grey steve can do these, he's in Stevenage
We can done loads some pipes fit better than others usually your consuming a good 4 hours plus in terms of time start/finish and therefore its a weekday only process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Avoid AMD. Cowboys!!!!

Extremely poor customer service. If you ring / e-mail them then you get feedback otherwise they do not contact you.

I am still stuck with these bunch of cowboys and have to chase them everyother day. Everytime there is a new story.

They might be good with VAG stuff but most of VAG owners are not as fussy as bmw drivers IMO, and so these guys.
Very surprised as AMD's well known, mind you sometimes momentum grows , the phone calls, email responses grow yet the support to cope with the demand doesn't,

We're finding a huge ramp up in demand so much so that I'm struggling if I'm honest to keep up, emails, PM's the lot we are now booking well into mid Feb as I write demand means sometimes there's one of me thirty or whatever of say 'you' and its damn hard sometimes to answer sometimes hence you end up spending a bit of a Sunday answering questions.-but for how long
      02-01-2015, 05:15 AM   #9
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post

Very surprised as AMD's well known, mind you sometimes momentum grows , the phone calls, email responses grow yet the support to cope with the demand doesn't,

We're finding a huge ramp up in demand so much so that I'm struggling if I'm honest to keep up, emails, PM's the lot we are now booking well into mid Feb as I write demand means sometimes there's one of me thirty or whatever of say 'you' and its damn hard sometimes to answer sometimes hence you end up spending a bit of a Sunday answering questions.-but for how long
Steve
I do not think they are as busy as you are. They had an issue with bmw driver where he took them to small claim court because their map destroyed his turbo etc etc!
I do not know the full story but from there onward but from there onward bmws are not good in their books.

I only contacted them as my work could not be done at prestige vehicle.
From the day one, I got the impression that they did not want the business.
I only opted them as they are walking distance from my place.
Anyway the task which other companies can do in 48 hours is taking more than a week. And it is beyond their control and job had to go out somewhere else.
Initially I was told that job was going to take one day. Then it was one week. And now it is more than a week.

Will share it sometime later.

EDITED: Just to make it clear, whenever they hit the timeline they gave me, they never contacted me. It was always me asking if car was ready. And heard excuse after excuse!

Last edited by makkan00; 02-01-2015 at 05:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 06:12 AM   #10
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Steve
I do not think they are as busy as you are. They had an issue with bmw driver where he took them to small claim court because their map destroyed his turbo etc etc!
I do not know the full story but from there onward but from there onward bmws are not good in their books.
interesting re the map and turbo for that matter, we've had a few 320'd's with us re mapped at several places with internal ECU issues, (can't say where they've come from)the cars have had power then dramatically lost it, we've ended up once examined as we have everything in house returning the ECU's to OEM set up with the latest software, running the car for a time to ensure there's no issue, then at customers request remapping the car, we're lucky in the fact that we can look at the ECU to see what fault has taken place and us usuably conclude that the map has somehow created a conflict within the ECU, quite why seems to depend on the individual car. On the turbo side more difficult especially on the 320's to say as they are particularly weak but of course there are knock on effects here too, but you'd examine each car on a case by case basis.

But re ECU's the knock on effect is in many cases the ECU's been corrupted internally with the re map installed there's nothing you can do with it as as the damage has been done it is therefore best plan for us/customer is to remove the cars current re map, upload latest spec BMW software(thus returning the car to standard) clear everything down (including if an auto all gearbox settings to standard with software/adaptations) and in effect and start from scratch. Proving the cars OK then we can re map it again. Post this work we get things back on a level again. There are times where the ECU's gone too far, even uploading software cannot solve the issue, but again as we can do everything in house by obtaining another ECU we can clone it enabling a used replacement to work in your car, but it's rare this service is called upon.

But re wiping a map due to corrupt ECU issues, we have carried out this operation for a couple of forum members on here both with 320d's both same initial findings both same end result once everything was followed through everything was back to 'near normal'reason why I say 'near'is down to the fact thst perhaps the csr might not be as quick or feel the same as before, but at least moving forward everything was back to where it should be if you follow me, only downside is the extra expense/grief required to get everything in check.

But re busy Sam, honest answer is yes we are as said it mainly filters back through me and there's only one of me.
      02-01-2015, 06:53 AM   #11
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I use Prestige.

Nick and Harry are very good guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #12
DMH-01
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00
Quote:
AMD Tuning

Avoid AMD. Cowboys!!!!

Not sure what your current situation/issue is but I wouldn't call them cowboys.

I've used them for over 5 years with various BMWs (as have many others I know) and they've always gone above and beyond to help.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #13
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Not sure what your current situation/issue is but I wouldn't call them cowboys.

I've used them for over 5 years with various BMWs (as have many others I know) and they've always gone above and beyond to help.
Sure, who am I to say....

A job which was promised to be done in one day was postponed to be done in 4 days, and then shifted to 1 week.

And now more than a week and I stand no where.....

And not even a single time they tried to contact and given any feedback / update.

It is always me asking them progress on my car!

Surely, they cannot be cowboys.
      02-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #14
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

And mind you that I have not started shame and name thread.

I am only mentioning them when they have been mentioned.
      02-02-2015, 04:42 PM   #15
DMH-01
Captain
Rep

I'm not saying you can't have your own opinion on them but they're hardly cowboys. Have they even taken any money from you yet?

They worked on a previous vehicle of mine for 8hrs and only charged me 2hrs.

They replaced my Cyba tips with Powerflow tips (which were more expensive) for free as one of the Cyba tips cracked.

All I'm saying is your bad experience is a rare one, as they're usually spot on.
Appreciate 0