THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions DIY tips for Rear Diffuser

01-28-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 Comp

DIY tips for Rear Diffuser

The full DIY for this is already done, (http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=975574) but here are a few hints.

1. There was a statement that it took a lot of force to mount the new diffuser and get the clips to engage. If you are just pushing in then that is correct. Here is the trick, push in AND up. If you push straight in, it does take a lot of force, if you push in and up it is not bad at all (maybe 25 ponds of force, vs needing at least 100 for straight in.)

2. If you are adding the diffuser but not the m-performance exhaust, then you have to install the tail pipe extenders. This requires cutting the stock exhaust. Be warned that a standard exhaust pipe cutter will not cut this magic BMW metal. I tried. Be ready to use a sawzall or cut off wheel. Here is a link to the details. http://www.2addicts.com/forums/attac...1&d=1411568438

3. For the record the original exhaust tips will fit the extenders and m-performance exhaust. Takes some force, but they look good.

Last edited by tke743; 04-03-2015 at 01:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 05:45 AM   #2
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Good call on the push hard, in and up....I thought mine was defective when I first tried to install it......Took me a bit but it went
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #3
Regardless
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: turbo'd inline 6

Nice good to know supplemental tips.
Appreciate 0