E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Mobile Alloy Repair in/around London?

01-28-2015, 01:11 AM   #1
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Mobile Alloy Repair in/around London?

Can anyone recommend a decent mobile alloy repair service? Here is the back drop if you want to read it...

I had my alloys refurbished by Chips Away last year. They did a decent job but on one of the alloys the paint started to flake. I don't fancy starting from scratch and sending the wheels to Lepsons as I will probably go F10 next year.

So for now... I want it repaired on my doorstep as it feels like my trust has been broken. Chips Away Heathrow are not taking any of my calls, responding to my e-mails or text messages. Obviously this was not an outright decent repair because under the peeling paint (size of a £2 coin) there original paint and brake dust is visible!

Since it has been under a year of the repair I am wondering whether I can invoke the sale of goods act. I have used Chips Away Heathrow for around 3 years now and they have never really let me down until recently. They have a body shop so none of the repairs are done roadside. They repaired a bumper for me last year and it had on it what appeared to be road rash. They tried to g-mop it out at first but I asked them to do it all again and when they did it was much better second time around.

I attempted a home repair on said wheel but it fell apart when the Autoglym Silver did not match the paint and it really ticked me off and I do not have the time to attempt it again. As it took more than a day between coats, drying time etc.

Can anyone recommend any mobile repair services?

Wicked wheels said that they are not currently able to cover where I am in central London. I am working in NW London at the moment so that might be an option.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 03:44 AM   #2
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
If you can afford to leave your car with Phil for the day, I'd highly recommend SCR in Ashford (the one near Heathrow!).

http://www.scraudio.co.uk/

Did the X5 wheels for us, and whilst they don't fully remove the tyres (same as mobile guys), they do use better/tougher paint and also bake the wheels in the oven to give a tougher finish.

Costs were comparable to mobile guys as well.
      01-28-2015, 12:23 PM   #3
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

I realise it's quite out of your way but I don't know how far they will go - Simon at http://www.smartrepair4u.co.uk/ is amazing, I've used him twice now and have been super impressed with his work. Great friendly guy too.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #4
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Thanks will check out the sites and make some calls.
Appreciate 0