E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Is there a specific way to put the headlight covers back on?

01-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #1
Phil99z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F31 340i Shadowline Ed

Garage List
Is there a specific way to put the headlight covers back on?

Hi all,

Recently got a lovely E91 330i and loving it! Just wish it had xenons but I'm stuck with halogens.

I managed to take the covers off to change the standard halogen bulbs to Osram Nightbreakers and also changed the sidelights to some MTEC Super White Xenon Effect bulbs. Anyway it took ages to get the covers back on properly, I'm guessing you need to push the side in to latch onto something before closing it then using the metal clasp to lock it in place. I've been looking at from the top also via the wheel arch and trying to feel around but nothing - when I do get it to sit properly it is by pure fluke.

When the cover doesn't latch onto the side it is obviously very loose. I did manage it in the end but not before swearing a few times and wondering if this is a nack or a specific way to do it. I looked in the manual but I didn't find it very helpful to be honest.

I was very disappointed with the MTEC sidelights so took them back out and put in the normal halogen ones instead and again faced the same issue with putting the covers on. I would love to try some canbus LED one but fear they will chuck an error and it also means I would have undo the headlight cover again so I think I won't bother now
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
JJ0063
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

I don't know if the pre and post LCI are different..

On my LCI, there's the metal clip you push up then the cover lifts out, to fit it back on you put the bottom in first so it sits in the 'holder' then push the top in and clip the metal clip back down.

HTH
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #3
corasdad
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: m sport 320d

two clips on one side that you feed the cover into then close the lid and put metal lock thing back on
2006 320d Msport,sunshades, remapped , strut brace, air scoops, black grills,custom exhaust , performance filter, light up gear knob ,blue led interior lights,leather wrapped dash trims, csl spoiler more to come
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:24 PM   #4
Phil99z
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by corasdad View Post
two clips on one side that you feed the cover into then close the lid and put metal lock thing back on
Thanks for this - it's finding the two clips to feed the cover into first before putting the metal catch on thats the issue!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
Phil99z
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ0063 View Post
I don't know if the pre and post LCI are different..

On my LCI, there's the metal clip you push up then the cover lifts out, to fit it back on you put the bottom in first so it sits in the 'holder' then push the top in and clip the metal clip back down.

HTH
Thanks - will give this a go
Appreciate 0