BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

01-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Just placed my order

I just got back from the dealership in north Houston, Texas. They required a $2500 deposit, which I wasn't quite happy with (interest free loan ) but I wanted the car so oh well.
I got the
  • 0837 - M3 Coupe
  • 300 - Alpine White
  • NCH2 - Fox Red Novillo Leather
  • 4MY - Carbon Leather Trim
  • ZPP - Premium Package
  • ZTP - Technology Package
  • 2MK - M double-clutch transmission (I thought it was dual clutch but this is what the paperwork says)
  • 2MT - 19" wheels w/performance tires
  • 655 - Satellite Radio (he said he thinks it comes with 3 months free)
  • 6FL - iPod and USB adapter
  • 752 - Enhanced Premium Sound

The Requested Production for this car is 2008/03/10, which I found out does not mean March 10th. It means the 10th week of the year 2008, which is anytime between March 2nd to 8th. He estimates if everything goes right then I'd get it middle of April since he says 1 week for building, 2 weeks for shipping, and then another week or so for customs and testing in South Carolina.

Even though pricing is out already my Order sheet has MSRP as Blocked. I guess the system has not been updated yet. He wasn't sure if there would be Gas Guzzler Tax but he said an estimate of $2k wouldn't be far off. And he knew about the 300+ cars in New Jersey that got damaged but he has not had a bulletin yet, as to whether that would have a domino effect on production.

Hope that is useful information to some people. I'm super excited about the car and the next 3-4 months will be going by real slowly, what with me refreshing this website 10 times a day.

Last edited by Yonkers; 01-17-2008 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
Mx3
M
Rep
Drives: 08.SpaceGry.DCT.19's,Tech,+

Congrats!

It sounds like your dealer has the M-DKG option showing up in their system. As of yesterday, my dealer didnt have it in the system yet and could not build it out.

M
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx3 View Post
Congrats!

It sounds like your dealer has the M-DKG option showing up in their system. As of yesterday, my dealer didnt have it in the system yet and could not build it out.

M
Now that I think about it, pricing was announced before the M-DCT. It's odd the system would have that but not pricing.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
murellus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 x3m40i

congratulations. it's only humane to post pictures and videos upon receiving the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Wow, that's great news for you.

So you were able to just walk into a dealer, put down a deposit, and order a car for March production?????? No waiting list?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
rvacha
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Perhaps this is not the best place for a thread, but here's mine (go ahead and flame me - I KNOW some of the choices are unpopular here!):

0837 - M3 Coupe
A73 - Jerez Black
GEAT - Anthracite & Black Cloth Leather (aka "Speed Cloth") (unpopular, I know...)
ZTP -Technology Package
403 - Moonroof (it's cool - I have Nomex on - flame away!)
494 - Heated Front Seats
4MY - Carbon Leather Trim
639 - BMW Assist (and Bluetooth)
6FL - iPod & USB Adapter
752 - Enhanced Premium Sound

This is the 6MT, not 2MK. I've got a week 6 build slot. Everything is listed as "blocked" Supposedly this will change "next week" according to my dealer, including the gas guzzler tax. I will also be getting the alarm, but since this is dealer installed it does not show up on the order.

'16 F30 340i xDrive 6MT Melbourne/Black
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth
'18 F80 M3 6MT SO/CSAT
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Wow, that's great news for you.

So you were able to just walk into a dealer, put down a deposit, and order a car for March production?????? No waiting list?
They have 22 people already in front of me who also have plunked down $2500. Some already have productions numbers. Not sure how many though. When I checked last month they had 10-12 people in front. They are supposedly one of the bigger dealerships so maybe they have more allocated.
I can scan my paperwork later tonight. I saw him enter the order in the system. I think it's called DCS? Or Online DCS or something?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
Bemve
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW/FR e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvacha View Post
Perhaps this is not the best place for a thread, but here's mine (go ahead and flame me - I KNOW some of the choices are unpopular here!):

0837 - M3 Coupe
A73 - Jerez Black
GEAT - Anthracite & Black Cloth Leather (aka "Speed Cloth") (unpopular, I know...)
ZTP -Technology Package
403 - Moonroof (it's cool - I have Nomex on - flame away!)
494 - Heated Front Seats
4MY - Carbon Leather Trim
639 - BMW Assist (and Bluetooth)
6FL - iPod & USB Adapter
752 - Enhanced Premium Sound

This is the 6MT, not 2MK. I've got a week 6 build slot. Everything is listed as "blocked" Supposedly this will change "next week" according to my dealer, including the gas guzzler tax. I will also be getting the alarm, but since this is dealer installed it does not show up on the order.
I would also choose the moonroof if i took a dark colour as my ext
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
rvacha
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemve View Post
I would also choose the moonroof if i took a dark colour as my ext
Obviously I agree... but there was more to my final decision. I wasn't crazy about the interior options so I picked black/speed cloth. I figured the moonroof will help brighten the interior, specially if I tint the windows. I'll leave the really dark side to Darth Vader

'16 F30 340i xDrive 6MT Melbourne/Black
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth
'18 F80 M3 6MT SO/CSAT
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 07:12 PM   #10
CivicCoupe06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Civic Coupe; soon E92 M3

I wish these darn dealership on the eastcoast would have updated systems to take orders.
      01-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #11
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
I just got back from the dealership in north Houston, Texas. They required a $2500 deposit, which I wasn't quite happy with (interest free loan ) but I wanted the car so oh well.
I got the
  • 0837 - M3 Coupe
  • 300 - Alpine White
  • NCH2 - Fox Red Novillo Leather
  • 4MY - Carbon Leather Trim
  • ZPP - Premium Package
  • ZTP - Technology Package
  • 2MK - M double-clutch transmission (I thought it was dual clutch but this is what the paperwork says)
  • 2MT - 19" wheels w/performance tires
  • 655 - Satellite Radio (he said he thinks it comes with 3 months free)
  • 6FL - iPod and USB adapter
  • 752 - Enhanced Premium Sound

The Requested Production for this car is 2008/03/10, which I found out does not mean March 10th. It means the 10th week of the year 2008, which is anytime between March 2nd to 8th. He estimates if everything goes right then I'd get it middle of April since he says 1 week for building, 2 weeks for shipping, and then another week or so for customs and testing in South Carolina.

Even though pricing is out already my Order sheet has MSRP as Blocked. I guess the system has not been updated yet. He wasn't sure if there would be Gas Guzzler Tax but he said an estimate of $2k wouldn't be far off. And he knew about the 300+ cars in New Jersey that got damaged but he has not had a bulletin yet, as to whether that would have a domino effect on production.

Hope that is useful information to some people. I'm super excited about the car and the next 3-4 months will be going by real slowly, what with me refreshing this website 10 times a day.
Congrats man. Welcome to the long waiting list lol. You payed the $2,500 cause you took so long to place your deposit. I had to put that down the same as well since I didn't do it last year. I just used my Credit Card so I'm not really missing it. Just today I was able to get the M-DCT added to my order.

I like the way you specked yours btw.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #12
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Finally got my scanner to work. Here are two pieces of paper (not sure why two) that shows my order, including M-DCT.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 01:49 AM   #13
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

Thanks for posting. I'm going to show this to my dealer and ask if he can do the same. For some reason, my dealer refuses to enter an order until they actually get a production number. He insists that unless there's a production number assigned, you can't spec it out. But those printouts prove otherwise since I don't see a production number yet. Is there anything special your dealer had to do on the ordering system?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #14
ronnie dobbs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan

Quote:
They have 22 people already in front of me who also have plunked down $2500. Some already have productions numbers. Not sure how many though. When I checked last month they had 10-12 people in front. They are supposedly one of the bigger dealerships so maybe they have more allocated.
I can scan my paperwork later tonight. I saw him enter the order in the system. I think it's called DCS? Or Online DCS or something?
I am also in Houston and have been talking with dealers for about a week about getting on a list. Are you dealing with BMW of North Houston? If so, I thought I should mention that all of the dealers in town that I've spoken with, including North Houston, are telling me I only need to put down $1,000 to get on the list (fully refundable of course). I don't mean to start anything here, but I thought I'd at least let you know. Also, I personally might want to take my business elsewhere if this dealer is trying to take advantage of people.

It may not be as big a deal for you since your car will be here so soon, but I am looking at a sedan with DCT, so I may be waiting 6 months or more it looks like. I'd rather not put down more money than I have to.

Thanks and congrats on getting your order in.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #15
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
Thanks for posting. I'm going to show this to my dealer and ask if he can do the same. For some reason, my dealer refuses to enter an order until they actually get a production number. He insists that unless there's a production number assigned, you can't spec it out. But those printouts prove otherwise since I don't see a production number yet. Is there anything special your dealer had to do on the ordering system?
They need to have an available allocation to spec it out in the system (Status 047). Up until then, they can just list your wants on a purchase order or internal document, I believe. A production number is assigned at Status 111, order accepted by AG.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 01-18-2008 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #16
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 2017 340i, 6sp, MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie dobbs View Post
I am also in Houston and have been talking with dealers for about a week about getting on a list. Are you dealing with BMW of North Houston? If so, I thought I should mention that all of the dealers in town that I've spoken with, including North Houston, are telling me I only need to put down $1,000 to get on the list (fully refundable of course). I don't mean to start anything here, but I thought I'd at least let you know. Also, I personally might want to take my business elsewhere if this dealer is trying to take advantage of people.

It may not be as big a deal for you since your car will be here so soon, but I am looking at a sedan with DCT, so I may be waiting 6 months or more it looks like. I'd rather not put down more money than I have to.

I'm in Houston too and all I had to put down was $1000 also with my dealer down south.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #17
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie dobbs View Post

Yeah. My sales guy originally told me $1000 too. But when we talked to the General Sales Manager he said $2500. The sales guy was from the used car side (hey, he's who I ran into first) and he apologized and said he didn't know. I asked the Sales Manager if the $2500 would be cashed and he said yes. I said I didn't agree with that and he said that's their way to ensure the customers were serious about the order and wouldn't go and plunk $1000 at 3-4 different dealers. (Though I guess they could go and drop $2500 at 3-4 different dealers.)
I actually got up and walked out because it bothered me that I was giving them an interest free loan. It wasn't a matter of the money it was the principle. But the sales guy got me to sit back down with the manager and the manager explained to me his side of things. And because I wanted the car pretty badly I relented.
When you talked to them and they said $1000 for being on the list, did that mean they would actually put you in their order system? Because mine is actually ordered and I'm not just on a list that they will call me later when somethings available.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #18
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Very nice setup Yonkers!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #19
oneginee
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

oh well if you calculate a 4.5% yearly interest on $2,500 for 3 months that is only 28 dollars !!! hell I have lost > $20,000 in the past years in investments and I am not wealthy. Now that is real loss not 9 gallons worth of gas. That would be about 129 miles. You can just assume you bought it in the next city and picked it up. How's that for making you feel better. Not that anyone will for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #20
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Last summer BMW West was talking of a 5,000 premium over MSRP....did you hear anything about having to pay OVER MSRP? Did they guarantee you MSRP?
      01-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #21
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
If those 22 people all decide to go ahead with their purchases, you most likely won't be seeing this car before the summer. There have been several calculations here based on production targets and number of dealerships in the US, and they pretty much all point toward a large dealership getting 5-6 cars a month, but that's after production really starts. Based on the reports here, it seems like they are currently building demo cars, which some dealers are just selling to custormers before they even get here. Anyway, I hope that we all get our orders processed as soon as possible...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #22
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

Great thread, I got the same paperwork in a pdf file containing my options specs, and status 047.

Anyone know how long it takes to go from 047 to 111?
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0