E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E93 40W Angel Eyes Fitted - Question about passenger side outter ring

01-13-2015, 03:20 PM   #1
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

E93 40W Angel Eyes Fitted - Question about passenger side outter ring

So finally managed to get my hands in the compartment and fit some new bulbs that came yesterday

there both locked in fine.

drivers side looks ok. both rings light up but obviously inner ring is way more lit

passenger side however outter ring doesnt seem to be lit up like driver side outter ring? have i done something wrong? there both locked in right.

Drivers

Passengers

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
Pacman83
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92

Try taking the bulb out, turning it 180 degrees, then putting it back in. The LEDs may line up with the light tube better as there's pretty large gaps between each LED.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
ToastOfTenacity
Nurburgring Nate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

This is exactly what happened to me, but on my driver's side. The tube that the light goes into bends really easily, and when you screw the bulb in it's really easy to misalign the tube. If that's not it, make sure both LEDs on the bulb are actually working. It could just be a problem with the bulb.

2008 335i Sport Package
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 03:30 AM   #4
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83 View Post
Try taking the bulb out, turning it 180 degrees, then putting it back in. The LEDs may line up with the light tube better as there's pretty large gaps between each LED.
will give it a try! cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn355717 View Post
This is exactly what happened to me, but on my driver's side. The tube that the light goes into bends really easily, and when you screw the bulb in it's really easy to misalign the tube. If that's not it, make sure both LEDs on the bulb are actually working. It could just be a problem with the bulb.
i was surprised the tube was abit bendy when i touched it! dont want to take the bulb out again as its a fcking nightmare
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 07:37 AM   #5
GOWRIN
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 435D XD

I think that is how they are with the e92/93, it happened when I put LED bulbs. It's down to the design from what I found when I searched online...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 08:35 AM   #6
Pacman83
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92

I don't think it was a poor design. The original bulb was an incandescent type and therefore had 360 degree light. The aftermarket LEDs have the LEDs on 'sides', which have a gap between them. If LEDs had the light all the way around, they would be brighter, as the tube would be guaranteed to pick up more light. It's a bit hit & miss when you fit LEDs into the holders. You never know if the LEDs will be directly facing the tube.
The original idea was to light the outer ring and give the halo effect and they do exactly that with an incandescent bulb. We are trying to almost replicate the LCI factory LED look and that's not going to happen.
Appreciate 0