E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW Advanced Diesels in the US in 2008

01-16-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
luckyD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

BMW Advanced Diesels in the US in 2008

BMW Advanced Diesels will be every bit as clean as CARB-legal gasoline engines when they are introduced in the US in 2008.

BMW Advanced Diesel with BluePerformance BMW Advanced Diesels do not only perform as well as a gasoline engine, they perform as well as a BMW gasoline engine.

In 1998, we demonstrated the superiority of our diesel technology on the racetrack by winning the 24-hours of Nuerburgring in a race-tuned 320d Sedan. This grueling test of endurance not only proved the 320d's ability to run longer between fuel stops, but on a larger scale, demonstrated that performance and fuel efficiency are not mutually exclusive.

Today, we offer a wide variety of diesel engines across our entire model range in Europe. Taking home the prestigious Engine of the Year Award several times, our diesel engines are renowned for their unequaled harmony of dynamic performance, innovative technology, surprisingly low fuel consumption, along with a smoothness that is uncommon for a Diesel.

Clearly, this level of technology is predestined for the U.S. market, not only in terms of power and efficiency, but for its potential to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Which is why, in Fall 2008, we'll introduce two BMW Advanced Diesel with BluePerformance vehicles in the U.S. - the 335d and X5 xDrive35d. In addition to being better for the environment, these diesel engines also have increased torque. This enhanced concept for minimum exhaust gas emissions has been developed to meet the strict emissions standards in effect in California and other states. BMW's BluePerformance technology filters and actually cleans the exhaust before it leaves the vehicle, making this generation of Diesel engines the cleanest BMW has ever produced. With reduced emissions from comparable gasoline vehicles, and near-elimination of both smoke and NOx emissions, BMW Advanced Diesels will be every bit as clean as CARB-legal gasoline engines when they are introduced in the US in 2008.

As a means of producing so much power with a minimum of environmental impact and a maximum of fuel efficiency, it's no surprise that BMW will be among the first to introduce 50-state clean diesel technology. After all, it often takes an independent company like ours to bring an idea like this to the public. Efficient Dynamics
Overview
Valvetronic
Advanced Diesel
The BMW Hydrogen 7

wow finaly
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

nice. i wouldn't mind getting a diesel next.
      01-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
jonmacs22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 4-doors

now if only you could order a manual with the diesel and put them both in a wagon. Now that would make for a sick platform to modify.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
fasteddie222
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e30 and x1 35i

yea im getting this kit on my 328i.... not i wish but it will never happen lol
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i wonder how much the 320d sedan puts out on the dyno...

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0