E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Terraclean?

01-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
myboris
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Terraclean?

Has anyone tried this or know of anyone who has. Ed China has put his name to it and he seems to know his stuff
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
I presume this is for cleaning inlet valves/ports. In which case I would say that, seeing the photos of the level of contamination common in BMW DI engines, only the use of a solid cleaning medium (like walnut shells) w[ll get rid of it.

I think Old Grey Steve said the same recently...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 03:00 AM   #3
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

I believe Ed China has a financial interest in the company that does it.

One of the competitors who produce/market BG244 and Archoil products seem to think it is OK .... but believe their products are just as good if not better and considerably cheaper.

I thought about it for my car but opted for Archoil. As neither cleans the intake valves on an N54 (or any car for that matter) it's use is limited. No harm in keeping the rest of the system clean though
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 04:10 AM   #4
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport, Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboris View Post
Has anyone tried this or know of anyone who has. Ed China has put his name to it and he seems to know his stuff
I had this done on my E46 M3 Having 73K on the clock I thought it would be good to have the insides cleaned...........Save your money and put it towards something useful for your car

Terror Clean Is NOT Useful!!!
      01-03-2015, 04:19 AM   #5
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Ed China has put his name to it and he seems to know his stuff
You must be bloody joking, this is the man who tightens alloy wheels with an air gun, never seen him (Wheeler Dealer programme) use a torque wrench on alloy wheels.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 04:22 AM   #6
myboris
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspo
Quote:
I had this done on my E46 M3 Having 73K on the clock I thought it would be good to have the insides cleaned...........Save your money and put it towards something useful for your car

Terror Clean Is NOT Useful!!!
I'm guessing it made no difference then?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 06:51 AM   #7
dest
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E91 320d M Sport

Snake oil
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 08:44 AM   #8
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Been covered previously.....
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1058514
      01-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #9
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport, Silver

Quote:
I'm guessing it made no difference then?
No, and if it did it was so small I could not measure the extra MPG, throttle response, of extra Vrrooommmph!

I suppose you could if you had it put on some sort of machine to measure the above Before and After, but lets face it we all don't have these machines handy like Ed China.

For me it was a waste of £150 (Maybe cheaper now) and waste of driving all the way to Crawley (Nearest to me at the time) and back.

Honestly Boris, put the money to a good service or a Mod or treat the car to a Valet.....Anything would give you more satisfaction than the "Terror Clean" process.

HTH