European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

12-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
Marckymarc305
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Alignment question

Hey guys I need advice on my M4 BMW. I went to ATL and got a used M4, had 4200 miles on it and couldn't pass on this deal. Drove the car back in Miami and notice I have a alignment problem and pulling to the right. So called my local dealer and said ok will do it and the dealer I got it from in ATL will cover the charge with the receipt.
Took the car to my local BMW and they said yes we fixed it and right of the lot it was still the same. Came back next day and they did again, same problem and wasn't fix and still pulling to the right.
Well I knew a place not far from me that does alignment as well, he also switch the tires side in the front wheels and adjust the rear tire so it doesn't eat much of the tire, some little above spec from BMW. Drove and still has the same result. Now he talked about moving the caster of the car, but didn't do it.
Just kind of wonder how this car has 4k miles and alignment is mess up, yeah I'm sure pot hole and other could but not able to fix it back kind of sucks.
Anyone here has that problem with their M4?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marckymarc305 View Post
Hey guys I need advice on my M4 BMW. I went to ATL and got a used M4, had 4200 miles on it and couldn't pass on this deal. Drove the car back in Miami and notice I have a alignment problem and pulling to the right. So called my local dealer and said ok will do it and the dealer I got it from in ATL will cover the charge with the receipt.
Took the car to my local BMW and they said yes we fixed it and right of the lot it was still the same. Came back next day and they did again, same problem and wasn't fix and still pulling to the right.
Well I knew a place not far from me that does alignment as well, he also switch the tires side in the front wheels and adjust the rear tire so it doesn't eat much of the tire, some little above spec from BMW. Drove and still has the same result. Now he talked about moving the caster of the car, but didn't do it.
Just kind of wonder how this car has 4k miles and alignment is mess up, yeah I'm sure pot hole and other could but not able to fix it back kind of sucks.
Anyone here has that problem with their M4?
Check out this thread.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1029834
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
tooch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Do you have the alignment print out, they gave you? A lot of ours all pulled to the right also

96 E31 JB
07 E92 AW
F82 BSM
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
Marckymarc305
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooch
Do you have the alignment print out, they gave you? A lot of ours all pulled to the right also
Not with me right now, is BMW aware about this situation and do they have a plan to fix it?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
Wei718
Major
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

Quote:
Not with me right now, is BMW aware about this situation and do they have a plan to fix it?
Their plan is to tell everyone that it is normal and it's just a tire radial pull.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #6
Marckymarc305
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei718
Quote:
Their plan is to tell everyone that it is normal and it's just a tire radial pull.
Ok so should I use a different type of tire?
Appreciate 0