E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Winter Mat Anchors - thanks MacNeil/WeatherTech

12-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
PTinVT
armchair enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 340xi, 02 325Cic, 93 850Ci

Winter Mat Anchors - thanks MacNeil/WeatherTech

I bought the official winter/rubber mat set new years ago for my 07 E92 (via BMW) and it didn't come with any anchors. I got a hold of one which didn't hold it completely in place (from either side). I have a manual so I was always catching it with the clutch. I fashioned a 2nd one out of other anchor mats glued back-to-back, but I lost them both between last winter and now. [These are the hexagons with the screw on the bottom and the J-hook on the top]

So I emailed MacNeil off their website, asked them where I could get another pair since BMW doesn't carry them separately, or even list them as a part. They only asked me for my address and they just mailed me a set of 4, no charge.

Granted, they're probably erring on the side of "we don't want any of our mats sliding around and causing accidents" but I thought that was exemplary customer service. If I'm ever looking for mats/liners for a vehicle I'll be looking no further than WeatherTech.
'71 Buick Riviera, 455 V8 land yacht
Appreciate 0