THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Wheels and Tires Items Wanna Trade

12-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Wanna Trade

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
So I know this is not the proper section for this post, but it seems like there is not much traffic in the sale and trade sections. I'm looking to trade wheels stock for stock. I would like to trade my mint condition 436m wheels w/ PSS that came standard on my 235i '(5k on them). I'm looking for either style 384 or style 461m wheels. I believe these are the wheels that all 228s with the track package have and possibly other 228s. So let me know if this idea interests anyone, I"m located in Miami, but I would be willing to ship or make a drive to make this happen.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Any interest in purchase vs trade? I have the track package 18s with PSS on them in storage (1600 miles) but I'm not interested in another set of 18s when I take my winters off. If so, please
PM for more details.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Any interest in purchase vs trade? I have the track package 18s with PSS on them in storage (1600 miles) but I'm not interested in another set of 18s when I take my winters off. If so, please
PM for more details.
Not really for the same reasons you do not want to trade. If I was going to purchase wheels I would go aftermarket and use my stocks for winter and what not. I would be willing to offer a couple hundred dollars for your inconvenience of having to make two transactions to obtain new wheels. Let me know if that is something you would be interested in.

RETIRED:
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post
Not really for the same reasons you do not want to trade. If I was going to purchase wheels I would go aftermarket and use my stocks for winter and what not. I would be willing to offer a couple hundred dollars for your inconvenience of having to make two transactions to obtain new wheels. Let me know if that is something you would be interested in.
No, thank you. I am not sure it's worth shipping two sets of 18s with PSS past each other, and if I can't sell mine before I need them back on in Spring, I'd rather keep the style I have, thanks. Ultimately, I'm trying to get to a set of 17" BBS wheels to better cope with lousy Michigan roads. Good luck with the trade offer.

Last edited by Sportstick; 12-21-2014 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #5
Monoblock
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
or style 461m wheels. I believe these are the wheels that all 228s with the track package have and possibly other 228s.
There are two versions of the 461m: one in silver and one in ferric gray.

The silver comes with the 228i w/M-Sport package. The ferric gray happens when you then add on the track handling package (in addition to the M-Sport).
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #6
BMWKLR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white m235 cp RED w/gray pop

Hello,
I live in pembroke pines and would be interested in the set if it would facilitate your move. I have a 235 getting here anyday and would like the spare set.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 10:31 PM   #7
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Valencia Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monoblock View Post
There are two versions of the 461m: one in silver and one in ferric gray.

The silver comes with the 228i w/M-Sport package. The ferric gray happens when you then add on the track handling package (in addition to the M-Sport).
You also get the ferric gray with the Sportline with THP.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #8
Monoblock
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com View Post

Hmm, are you sure? When I try to do that on the Build app, it switches out Sportline and switches in M-Sport. It'll also dump any unique Sportline color you've previously chosen, e.g. Valencia Orange.

Sorry for the huge image:

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #9
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, that is correct....my Sportline Track Handling Package came with 384 Ferric Gray 18's just as shown in the image of the Valencia Car....looks exactly like mine (no need for another photo!)
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #10
Monoblock
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Yes, that is correct....my Sportline Track Handling Package came with 384 Ferric Gray 18's just as shown in the image of the Valencia Car....looks exactly like mine (no need for another photo!)

Oh - I thought me meant ferric gray 461m's (since he was responding to my post).

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #11
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Monoblock, in the screen shots you attached, the two ferric gray wheel options (384 and 461) are shown for the VO with track package. I just checked my build sheet from the dealer and I'm getting the 461's in ferric gray.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #12
Monoblock
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Monoblock, in the screen shots you attached, the two ferric gray wheel options (384 and 461) are shown for the VO with track package.
Understood -- I'm just saying that if you actually select the 461 in the online build tool it nukes the Sportline and replaces it with M-Sport (as well as the VO). The right hand picture is the direct result of clicking the 461 checkbox.

Anyway, sounds like the Build tool is inaccurate or your dealer found a way around it .
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #13
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Understood -- I'm just saying that if you actually select the 461 in the online build tool it nukes the Sportline and replaces it with M-Sport (as well as the VO). The right hand picture is the direct result of clicking the 461 checkbox.

Anyway, sounds like the Build tool is inaccurate or your dealer found a way around it .
I think it's a glitch in the build tool. If you select ferric gray in the track package and let it nuke the VO and then go back to Exterior and select VO, it keeps the Sportline and the 461 ferric gray wheels in the track package along with the VO color. There are a number of annoying glitches in that build program like it choosing a "line" when you want to price a no line car and somehow putting the THP in when you don't even select it. It falsely informs people that they can't get combinations they want when they actually can get them. You would think they'd spend about an hour cleaning that program up.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #14
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I think it's a glitch in the build tool. If you select ferric gray in the track package and let it nuke the VO and then go back to Exterior and select VO, it keeps the Sportline and the 461 ferric gray wheels in the track package along with the VO color. There are a number of annoying glitches in that build program like it choosing a "line" when you want to price a no line car and somehow putting the THP in when you don't even select it. It falsely informs people that they can't get combinations they want when they actually can get them. You would think they'd spend about an hour cleaning that program up.
I don't know how to do the fancy stuff you did to put the page in my posting but here's the link to my build with VO, Sportline, ferric gray 461's:
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...modelcode=152A
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #15
BMWKLR
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No, thank you. I am not sure it's worth shipping two sets of 18s with PSS past each other, and if I can't sell mine before I need them back on in Spring, I'd rather keep the style I have, thanks. Ultimately, I'm trying to get to a set of 17" BBS wheels to better cope with lousy Michigan roads. Good luck with the trade offer.
Im local to OP. I could buy his and he could buy yours. Win-Win.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 06:15 PM   #16
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKLR View Post
Sounds like a great idea! Let's see if it's appealing to him. I had them posted for $2500, but cut them back to $2,000 (includes TPMS).
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #17
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKLR View Post
Sounds like a great idea! Let's see if it's appealing to him. I had them posted for $2500, but cut them back to $2,000 (includes TPMS).
I would be very interested in this. It may make the most sense to dismount the tires and ship wheels only. I would think the wheels should be priced identically considering they are the same sizes and finish. Also both are equipped with PSS (if u want to include tires). I think 2000 is a little on the high side. I would really only be interested if my out of pocket cost is limited to the shipping cost. Let me know what you guys think.

RETIRED:
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #18
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKLR
Quote:
As long as I have a commitment from you to buy the wheels for the same price as sportstick is looking to sell for this would work out well

RETIRED:
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #19
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
As long as I have a commitment from you to buy the wheels for the same price as sportstick is looking to sell for this would work out well
For your sake, you finish your transaction first. I will hold mine meanwhile. When your PayPal arrives, I can ship within 24 hours, weekdays. Just to avoid misunderstanding, shipping is additional. If your transaction seems close, I will get one wheel out from storage for UPS to estimate (with insurance unless you tell me to decline the replacement cost coverage). Does this plan work for you?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #20
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep

Quote:
For your sake, you finish your transaction first. I will hold mine meanwhile. When your PayPal arrives, I can ship within 24 hours, weekdays. Just to avoid misunderstanding, shipping is additional. If your transaction seems close, I will get one wheel out from storage for UPS to estimate (with insurance unless you tell me to decline the replacement cost coverage). Does this plan work for you?
I think that the only way this could work is if you sell me your wheels first. Otherwise I will have nothing to mount on my car when I meet the buyer to do the exchange. Also I think it makes the most sense to just do an exchange of the wheels without tires. This will allow you to take out your TPMS and will reduce the weight and thus the cost of shipping. This way we are not on a rushed time schedule and once your wheels get to me I can mount them and meet the other buyer. The one foreseeable problem is reaching an agreeable value for the wheels. Essentially both sets should be worth pretty much the exact same amount of money (same size, color, weight?, quality, etc.). I was looking to get about 800 for the wheels alone, so if the three of us can come to an agreement as to price this should work out fine.
I will not be able to get to the car as I am away for the holidays until about January 5th, so we have some time to work this out. Let me know what you think.

RETIRED:
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #21
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I think that the only way this could work is if you sell me your wheels first. Otherwise I will have nothing to mount on my car when I meet the buyer to do the exchange. Also I think it makes the most sense to just do an exchange of the wheels without tires. This will allow you to take out your TPMS and will reduce the weight and thus the cost of shipping. This way we are not on a rushed time schedule and once your wheels get to me I can mount them and meet the other buyer. The one foreseeable problem is reaching an agreeable value for the wheels. Essentially both sets should be worth pretty much the exact same amount of money (same size, color, weight?, quality, etc.). I was looking to get about 800 for the wheels alone, so if the three of us can come to an agreement as to price this should work out fine.
I will not be able to get to the car as I am away for the holidays until about January 5th, so we have some time to work this out. Let me know what you think.
Unfortunately, this undermines my reason for the whole transaction.
My goal was to replace the entire set of wheels and tires with 17" and doing it in pieces is not reliable enough to plan for spring. I think you may have undervalued the wheels. These are about $400-$500 new. In my case with only 1,600 miles on them, over 50% depreciation seems too steep for essentially new wheels used for two months. Also, who winds up with the final set of wheels without TPMS if I keep mine? This may not work out as hoped, but I appreciate your interest.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #22
BMWKLR
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think your on the money for 800 and i want the tires to so I dont mind even paying more. There wont be any shipping between us, and I know tire rack ships tires just by taping them together, so I would imagine if You protect the rim, the added weight wouldn't add to much to the shipment cost. Greyhound also has a service I use when I sell a large 48" plus rc boat where you load it in the greyhound bus at your local terminal and the other party picks it up at their local greyhound station. Think of it as check on luggage in an airplane with no passenger in the plane. It cost me $60 last time I used it and I shipped a box that was from one of those mid size refrigerators. Im in no rush, so if not today, tomorrow, but know im interested.
Appreciate 0