BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

12-21-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

i3 pricing around the world

New Zealand's pricing starts at $83,500nz ($64,400us) for the extended i3 drive away including all tax's and on road costs. Their is no subsides to buy these types of cars in New Zealand.

Last edited by Kiwi; 12-21-2014 at 11:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

god bless the USA
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #3
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

The USA only imposes about a 3% duty on foreign cars. Many states have a local sales tax ranging from almost nothing to maybe in the order of 8-9%. The base price on the i3 here is $41,350 plus shipping ($950). One thing to keep in mind is that standard equipment also varies country-to-country, so it is sometimes a bit hard to equate unless you do a lot more research. Right now, there are some tax credits, depending on where you live from a $7500 federal one, and some provided by the state (not all do this, and the amount varies). Local taxes and registration will vary.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #4
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

No duty in new Zealand but have a sales tax of 15%. The only i3 available is the extended with the petrol engine.
The difference we don't have subsidies anything in NZ you can either sell your product or you cannot and this includes all our exports. Not like most of the world who live on subsidies.

God bless America i don't think so.

Our general Police don't wear guns, no ID required, free medical for all, no tipping as everyone earns a living wage, no tax on any winnings or shares unless share trading is your business Minimum of 4 weeks fully paid holidays and 2 weeks sick leave, 13 weeks fully paid maternity leave. Should I keep going. America would be one on the most controlled countries in the Western world.

And you can not sue anyone for personal injury know matter how you were injured. All your medical costs are free you even get 80% of your wage until you go back to work with no time limit until the doctor says you are fit for work or retraining in another suitable job fully paid.

Last edited by Kiwi; 12-22-2014 at 12:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
Kevin_Genius@BMWMtLaurel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
No duty in new Zealand but have a sales tax of 15%. The only i3 available is the extended with the petrol engine.
The difference we don't have subsidies anything in NZ you can either sell your product or you cannot and this includes all our exports. Not like most of the world who live on subsidies.

God bless America i don't think so.

Our general Police don't wear guns, no ID required, free medical for all, no tipping as everyone earns a living wage, no tax on any winnings or shares unless share trading is your business Minimum of 4 weeks fully paid holidays and 2 weeks sick leave, 13 weeks fully paid maternity leave. Should I keep going. America would be one on the most controlled countries in the Western world.

And you can not sue anyone for personal injury know matter how you were injured. All your medical costs are free you even get 80% of your wage until you go back to work with no time limit until the doctor says you are fit for work or retraining in another suitable job fully paid.

96 Volvo 850 Turbo 120k
Appreciate 0