E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > M3 rear replica on but not finished

12-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
DIZ.DAT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

M3 rear replica on but not finished

So finally got the rear bumper in and fitment is off so needs work for sure. At the moment i kept it on to do the exhaust tips. Going to Winter Fest in Tampa so just going to keep it on. The bumper is super light and kinda good but DURAFLEX SUCKS! You pay for what you get.... SMH to me and trying to save a buck.

Plans are to find someone with an M3 that has a carbon diffuser and see how much off this from the OEM bumper and if could use it for a mold maybe and do something custom.

Wrapped hood. Just going to be temp.. going to sand the whole thing down so the dry carbon shows and just wrap both sides and leave the middle vent and side vents dry carbon. See how that looks.

Took out rear seats. Honestly I lift weights and was thinking people were being dramatic with its all 80lbs.... Well I WOULD AGREE lol Going to make a tack board cut out for the trunk area and cover it in carpet. The bottoms are still cushioned with some material and not to bad. Left seat belts so if someone needed to sit in the back they could. The noise isn't to bad IMO and I'm only running catless DPs and pipes out the back. I think the OEM res are still on.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Staying tuned for updates! So did you really end up saving cause as you mentioned it needs work.
      12-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
koches
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xDrive

Garage List
Car feel any lighter without the seats?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #4
DIZ.DAT
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well the sellers page on eBay stated... 100% guarantee fitment.. well that was not the case.. Also it had indentions where the sensors would go so that needed to be filled in and if i wanted to paint it that would take some time to dry and release oxygen or it would show eventually through the paint. So that was not described. The seller did not what so ever try to work with me and was giving me the run around. I opened a case eBay said it was in the seller favor closed it and then stated i had been altered(sanded) I called eBay spoke with the lady and she was like blah blah blah.. i asked her if she had ever worked on cars or tuned them? SILENCE hahaha then i told her that this is not fitting and she went on and then looked at all the messages between us and said OH in some of the messages when you were talking about the sensors marks he stated to patch them up you will be fine... So i got full refund back HAHAHA... i sell stuff on eBay and they are always taking your money and then they own paypal and they are taking money so.... i think its fair :P
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #5
DIZ.DAT
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koches View Post
Car feel any lighter without the seats?
My butt dyno says I dropped a half sec. or so...

My car is really low.. the rear kinda lifted up a tad so I'm guessing It has done something... Im going to stop by one of those truck weigh in areas one day and be like... WEIGH ME BRO!! see what they say haha
Appreciate 0