E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What brand of rear adjustable camber arms should I get?

12-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #1
mvvette97
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: sold 08 328i own 07 corvette

What brand of rear adjustable camber arms should I get?

Hey guys I lowered my 08 328i on H&R sports springs and I noticed that my camber is off. I hear that there are adjustable rear control arms to adjust the camber to bring the tires back more like they are supposed to be. I done some searching and all I could find were some on ebay. They are a no name brand so I would guess they are made in china and are most likely cheap junk. Don't really want to have one break while driving but maybe they are ok. Here they are. If anybody knows of a good known brand please let me know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADJUSTABLE-R...b5a01b&vxp=mtr
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #2
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

I'm interested too, on HR sports also. Alignment shop got me to about about -2 degrees camber in the rear.

Best ones I saw on ebay were the meghan racing brand.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:18 PM   #3
mvvette97
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3000fl View Post
I'm interested too, on HR sports also. Alignment shop got me to about about -2 degrees camber in the rear.

Best ones I saw on ebay were the meghan racing brand.
Just wondering how did the shop even change the camber at all? When I put my springs on I looked for some kind of adjustment but didn't see anything at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
mvvette97
Private
United_States
Rep

I did see the Megan brand for like $280 but i wonder if they are really any better than the ones for $120? Some times we pay for a name but not always.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:31 PM   #5
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

the front camber is not adjustable unless you knock out an alignment pin on the strut guide. If you look at the top of the front strut under the hood, you see the 3 nuts up top, between two of those is a small metal pin. You can knock that pin out with a chisel and that allows a tech to loosen the 3 top nuts and move the whole front strut sideways just a bit, for additional camber adjustment.

the rear is easily adjustable, if you take a peek at the ass end of your car and look under the back bumper, you will see eccentric washers/bolts on the side of those lower control arms that attach to the car, those adjust camber. There's also a toe adjustment above. Loosen the bolt, rotate the eccentric washer, tighten. Please have an alignment shop do this, where they can measure it. Adjusting camber will change toe just a bit, and vice versa, there is some interference from one to the other on our cars. Doing this without correct measuring equipment can be dangerous.

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
mvvette97
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the pics. I remember the little pin on the front from when I put the springs on. I had thought about removing that pin when I had the strut off but I didn't figure there would be enough movement in the three bolts. I will have to look at it again and maybe knock that pin out and do some measuring. As for the rear I didn't even notice that adjuster on mine when I had it dropped down but I'm gunna run out to the shop and look to see if I have it.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 12:05 AM   #7
mvvette97
Private
United_States
Rep

Just went out and looked at the rear and your right it does have the adjusters. The drivers side is already set to pull the bottom of the wheel inward as far as it will go. The pass side is set in the middle. I guess that kinda surprised me because I figured they would be set about the same on both sides.
Appreciate 0