E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Spoke with Dinan re: Warranty

01-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Spoke with Dinan re: Warranty

I spoke with a Dinan Rep seeking clarification on the warranty exclusions, specifically the meaning of "competitive events." He explained to me that BMW driving schools, bmw club performance schools and even X-cross would not void the warranty, in fact he gave me the green light. The "competitive" exclusion prohibits actual racing events which are timed against others.

Granted this is a verbal discussion, so take it for what it is worth.

However, as per Dinan's policy, if you have questions concerning the warranty, they recommend you call Dinan to seek clarification. This is what I did and feel I can rely upon my discussions with the Rep. In other words, if I am required to file a claim in the future, I have documented my discussions with the Rep and feel confident it will be a non-issue for me if I need to seek recourse.

So even though I do not currently have plans for participation in the above-mentioned events, I thought the information may be helpful to others.
      01-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

I would still get it in writing for my own peace of mind, as should you.

Unless you tape recorded that phone conversation, shit can still happen. Not saying it will, but it might.
      01-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
I would still get it in writing for my own peace of mind, as should you.

Unless you tape recorded that phone conversation, shit can still happen. Not saying it will, but it might.
You are right, so unless you are prepared (i.e. you are a lawyer or don't mind potential atty fees) don't take the chance. Of course, in some states, relying on the oral representation of an agent with apparent/actual/implied authority is sufficient.

Again, it depends on your comfort level.
      01-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
jonm42
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: too fast for conditions.

A verbal contract is just as binding as a written one, just a lot harder to enforce.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm42 View Post
A verbal contract is just as binding as a written one, just a lot harder to enforce.
in some situations, not all.