E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 M3 Spoiler

01-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
SDYANKEE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335

E92 M3 Spoiler

I just got mine in the mail today from JLevi, and its being painted Friday morning to match my car color (TiAg but with almost a year and 7k miles on it). It seems easy enough to install, with the 3M adhesive tape and all, but I wanted to know if there is any specific advice I can get for doing it.

I know the worst mistake I can probably make is to remove all of the tape and then try to place it in the right place, but other than that, what should I know?

In taking the tape off, I am just basically going to make sure the part fits first, but then start at one end and peel off the tape very slowly to make sure I can fix any messup before it gets to the point of no return. That should be all for the install, I believe. Anyone that's done this, feel free to flame me for my ignorance on installing this and correcting any flaw in my reason, it's more than welcome. I'll post some pics up Saturday, hopefully
      01-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
blueaudi18
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 08' 335i , mb sl500

jsut install mine last night... in the dark... hahaha well there was a flood light outside.
i am very inpatient...

don't start from the end. Start from the middle.
use a razor blade and scored the red backing at the middle. Pull off about and inch of each side. Then set it on the trunck. Use your fingers on each end to make sure its even on both side. then jsut pull the red plastice sticking out from underneth while u are giving it a little pressure.

i suck at instructional writing. sorry

POSTED WITH APOLOGIES FOR POOR SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
DrGP
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sapphire 335i coupe

Make sure you rub down the area of the trunk with alcohol where the spoiler will go before you install it. If you are really anal about it, you can place the spoiler in place and put down masking tape at crucial spots on the trunk lid to help you align the spoiler. BTW, I hope to be doing mine this week end.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
Babe
Test here
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDYANKEE View Post
I just got mine in the mail today from JLevi, and its being painted Friday morning to match my car color (TiAg but with almost a year and 7k miles on it). It seems easy enough to install, with the 3M adhesive tape and all, but I wanted to know if there is any specific advice I can get for doing it.

I know the worst mistake I can probably make is to remove all of the tape and then try to place it in the right place, but other than that, what should I know?

In taking the tape off, I am just basically going to make sure the part fits first, but then start at one end and peel off the tape very slowly to make sure I can fix any messup before it gets to the point of no return. That should be all for the install, I believe. Anyone that's done this, feel free to flame me for my ignorance on installing this and correcting any flaw in my reason, it's more than welcome. I'll post some pics up Saturday, hopefully

How is the quality, fit
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDYANKEE View Post

I am expecting my spoiler from them too....Why didn't u have them painted to save you the hassle...I mean as soon as it comes in for me i can just install it to the car...Nick told me that the paint quality is excellent and if i was not happy with it i can send it back...hows that for a gurantee!!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 12:07 AM   #6
SDYANKEE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I am expecting my spoiler from them too....Why didn't u have them painted to save you the hassle...I mean as soon as it comes in for me i can just install it to the car...Nick told me that the paint quality is excellent and if i was not happy with it i can send it back...hows that for a gurantee!!
I have a great paint guy down here that will paint it to very near match the color that my car is now. I'm not sure how much 7k miles over 11 months changes the paint's color, but he perfectly matched my bumper when my gf scratched it via garage door