proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-20-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
jim101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 | G05 M50i (Ordered)

Changing Channels - One at a time

For the life of me I can't figure out how to change the Sirius channels one at a time without the 3+ step process in iDrive. I have multiple presets selected and frequently want to just go to the next (or previous) channel. Using the steering wheel control brings up the preset channels only, and the arrows on the dash do the same.

I'm sure I'm missing something and I've failed to discover it in the manual. . .help!

TIA.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
tkhan456
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 (MW/Black/Black 19")

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim101
For the life of me I can't figure out how to change the Sirius channels one at a time without the 3+ step process in iDrive. I have multiple presets selected and frequently want to just go to the next (or previous) channel. Using the steering wheel control brings up the preset channels only, and the arrows on the dash do the same.

I'm sure I'm missing something and I've failed to discover it in the manual. . .help!

TIA.
Sadly another poorly designed part of the system. For the life of me, I can't find a way either.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
batchelorc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deez nuts

The left and right arrows on the right side of the radio head unit. Or the little wheel tumblers on the right side of the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
jim101
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelorc View Post
The left and right arrows on the right side of the radio head unit. Or the little wheel tumblers on the right side of the steering wheel.
Nope...they only go to the next preset.

Since you can have 40 presets, I bit the bullet and did all 40 channels I might listen to (in order) which has solved the problem.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #5
Jmiller007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

If you are in Presets then you will change to the next preset, but if you are in sat radio, it will go station by station. If you use them both a lot, I suggest you setup one of your favorites (1-8 on dashboard) for Presets and one for Sat Radio so you don't have to go through the idrive menus to go back and forth.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #6
jim101
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmiller007 View Post
If you are in Presets then you will change to the next preset, but if you are in sat radio, it will go station by station. If you use them both a lot, I suggest you setup one of your favorites (1-8 on dashboard) for Presets and one for Sat Radio so you don't have to go through the idrive menus to go back and forth.
Ah, got it...thanks!
Appreciate 0