E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Can anyone help identify this leak

11-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
matthawk7
Rep
Drives: na

Can anyone help identify this leak

I've been smelling some burning oil and found a crack in the valve cover so that got done this weekend but didn't solve the issue. Finally looked on the other side and OH WOW THERE's the leak! I've searched here and other places for comparison images but I can't find anything similar. Do you guys think this could be the OFH or is it the pan gasket? Oil is on top of the oil pan gasket and seems to run from the front all the way back. I'll drop the belly pan in a day or so to really look but I'd like to go ahead and order parts. I can see a bit of oil pooled down in the belly pan toward the back. Thanks for any help
[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
Rickygst
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

My first thought would be the OFH. Did you clean it up and it reappeared? If not clean it up and see if it comes back. Check the OFH and see if you can see anything. Could have been the valve cover and just needed to be cleaned up.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #3
matthawk7
Rep
Drives: na

Sprayed it off so we'll see where it creeps from. This is the intake side so I don't think it is left over from the valve cover. Thanks!
Appreciate 0