E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Car still going to LIMPMODE. Right when i hit 3k rpm

01-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: speed demon

Car still going to LIMPMODE. Right when i hit 3k rpm

WTF is this ? I been having the same problem since i bought the damn car and went to v2 ... I broke my large ecu connector replaced that today. I really thought that was the problem. I should have known it cant be that easy. I get limp mode no MATTER WHAT right when i get to around 3k or 4k stock or not stock. It cant be wiring cause I allready took v2 off went to stock with same problem. Im attaching a pic of my lines bypassed. I have a 535i 2008 .. I took to dealer when stock and they changed the fuel pump.. They even put a lil zip tie on one of my vac t lines... Does anyone this i have a leak? Thanks for help
Attached Images

Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Soon: Rpi Catback, GIAC or EVOtech flash, Dinan Rear Strut, OEM M5 Mirrors

Last edited by v2bling; 01-07-2008 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
1BAD535
6th Hokage
Rep
Drives: 335I, 03 & 97 SC Cobras, S14,

PM Sent
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
Vinobien
The 3 Day Diet!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray e92, 88 911 Cab

Garage List
I have no answers just worries. I removed my Procede for BMW maint. I just received my v2. I know what to do ... install it and pray no problems. Sorry to hear yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2bling View Post
WTF is this ? I been having the same problem since i bought the damn car and went to v2 ... I broke my large ecu connector replaced that today. I really thought that was the problem. I should have known it cant be that easy. I get limp mode no MATTER WHAT right when i get to around 3k or 4k stock or not stock. It cant be wiring cause I allready took v2 off went to stock with same problem. Im attaching a pic of my lines bypassed. I have a 535i 2008 .. I took to dealer when stock and they changed the fuel pump.. They even put a lil zip tie on one of my vac t lines... Does anyone this i have a leak? Thanks for help

1988 Porsche 911 Cab, 47k, SW chip, cat pipe, M&K exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 335

WOW, your lines look all shredded up!!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinobien View Post
I have no answers just worries. I removed my Procede for BMW maint. I just received my v2. I know what to do ... install it and pray no problems. Sorry to hear yours.
Obviously Vbling has problems with his car and I hope it get fixed, but you should have no worries about your car...Just have someone qualified or have experience already with V2....There are many Procede users as well as JB2 user with no problems with their cars whatsover...
Vbling why don't you make your car stock and bring it back to the dealer and let them fix it...It could be your coil pack or even the spark plugs...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

its not the v2 i dont think.. Who knows what it is.. Im going back to stock now and taking back.. Its cause my dme connector the large one was broken and the sliders for the wiring one come out without pushing clip to side.. I figured id have that part sent to me and then fix that myself so they dont see it... The dealer would be like why is ur slider messed up ? you know? i just need opinions.. I told the dealer that it could be coils cause i heard about that.. So i guess i have to waist time and go back to stock again. I probably have the world record on taking off and on ecu covers.. I just leave three screws in it now days. haha .. see ya
Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #7
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzimmer View Post
WOW, your lines look all shredded up!!
Hey bmwzimmer its cause on 535i they have that covering over the piping.. I wouldnt be surprised if they did that one purpose so they would know if people are tampering with vac lines.. maybe on 08 models on.... its pretty ugly down there now haha..

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

oh also i had stett performance look at all wiring when i did have v2 on it and nothing was wrong.. I did have two wires switched in the piggyback connector.. you think that can mess it up?

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #9
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

ive change my torque settings and hooked up usb cable way to many times for me.. I have a life.. :X i got the jb2h .. that with downpipes and intake is way more then enough for me..I want power now and i dont want to do nothing but pay and install .

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 10:15 AM   #10
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 335

If your car is having issues STOCK, it doesn't matter which piggyback you have, you need to get it working.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 12:29 AM   #11
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

thanks for the advise..

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #12
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
Did you ever get this issue resolved? I had V2 running great for the last month and all of a sudden last night I started to get limp modes but no engine sign. I thought the fuel pump might be going out ( I have 30,000 miles). So I removed the proocede this morning and made a couple of blast to 6000 rpm with no problems. I'll drive around a couple of days to see what happens. In the mean time I will search to see how many other people have had limp modes starting at 3000 rpm. Maybe I'll drop Shiv and Dustin a line. Thanks for your time.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #13
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 BMW M3, 2008 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannys 335i View Post
Did you ever get this issue resolved? I had V2 running great for the last month and all of a sudden last night I started to get limp modes but no engine sign. I thought the fuel pump might be going out ( I have 30,000 miles). So I removed the proocede this morning and made a couple of blast to 6000 rpm with no problems. I'll drive around a couple of days to see what happens. In the mean time I will search to see how many other people have had limp modes starting at 3000 rpm. Maybe I'll drop Shiv and Dustin a line. Thanks for your time.
How did you know it was a limp mode, since you had no engine light. Was your boost running low? do you have a gauge? or was the car bogginf down?
Mods; Procede V4 | Remus Quads | UR catless dps | H&R coilovers | Modified CDV | Injen Intake | Spearco IC | Forge DVs | Defi Boost Gauge w/controller | Vorsteiner CF Hood + Front Lip | OEM M-tech Body kit | Hamann eyelids | Predator Ice Angels | 19" Volk Progressive Me's | Rotora BBK | 18" Rota Torques w/Blizzaks
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #14
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supramano View Post
How did you know it was a limp mode, since you had no engine light. Was your boost running low? do you have a gauge? or was the car bogginf down?
No power, rough idle and it would almost stall when I launch. After restart everything was ok till I hit 3000 rpm. I do not have a gauge. What puzzles me is V2 ran great for 2 months. I also go to the same Sunoco gas station everytime, so i doubt its the gas. The gas I have in the tank ran ok for about half the tank.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #15
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No power, rough idle and it would almost stall when I launch. After restart everything was ok till I hit 3000 rpm. I do not have a gauge. What puzzles me is V2 ran great for 2 months. I also go to the same Sunoco gas station everytime, so i doubt its the gas. The gas I have in the tank ran ok for about half the tank.

Well if it ran fine for 2 months, then its def. possible that a connection got loose. Id go over the whole installl and the ground wire to see. How did you install the procede wires, electircal tape? heat shrinked hold alot better, ive heard of wires getting lose and bad connsections with the tape.
Mods; Procede V4 | Remus Quads | UR catless dps | H&R coilovers | Modified CDV | Injen Intake | Spearco IC | Forge DVs | Defi Boost Gauge w/controller | Vorsteiner CF Hood + Front Lip | OEM M-tech Body kit | Hamann eyelids | Predator Ice Angels | 19" Volk Progressive Me's | Rotora BBK | 18" Rota Torques w/Blizzaks
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supramano View Post
Well if it ran fine for 2 months, then its def. possible that a connection got loose. Id go over the whole installl and the ground wire to see. How did you install the procede wires, electircal tape? heat shrinked hold alot better, ive heard of wires getting lose and bad connsections with the tape.
I used something better than shrink wrap (see link) so there was noway my connections came loose. The power and ground were ok. At this point I am 99% positive its the fuel pump. On the way to work today I managed to make it go limp after warmup. This happened at 4K RPM. I am going to drop her off at the dealership in the morning and I'll post an update. I thought that since I am at 30K miles I would have been one of the lucky ones without a fuel pump problem.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...tic+connectors

Last edited by Dannys M3; 02-06-2008 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: attach image wont work
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #17
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
I used something better than shrink wrap (see image) so there was noway my connections came loose. The power and ground were ok. At this point I am 99% positive its the fuel pump. On the way to work today I managed to make it go limp after warmup. This happened at 4K RPM. I am going to drop her off at the dealership in the morning and I'll post an update. I thought that since I am at 30K miles I would have been one of the lucky ones without a fuel pump problem.
You are taking out the Procede right?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #18
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
You are taking out the Procede right?
Yes completely removed.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #19
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I used something better than shrink wrap (see image) so there was noway my connections came loose. The power and ground were ok. At this point I am 99% positive its the fuel pump. On the way to work today I managed to make it go limp after warmup. This happened at 4K RPM. I am going to drop her off at the dealership in the morning and I'll post an update. I thought that since I am at 30K miles I would have been one of the lucky ones without a fuel pump problem.

youre lucky you made it that far, i only made it to about 3500 miles. hope everything comes out ok. hopefully it is the fuel pump since bmw will pay and fix it, then youll kknow what it was.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #20
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

They told me it was my intake manifold hose ... I havent had one reduced power since JB2H install.. I love how its so easy to install and color coded so you cant mess up as easy. Plus the quality of the wires are amazing..
I have vishnu v2, but im going to wait until 2.1 comes out.. Does anyone know when that will be? (ETA of course...)

Appreciate 0