E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Fuel gauge problem? Thoughts?

11-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
RhondaYen
Rep
Drives: BMW 06 330xi

Fuel gauge problem? Thoughts?

My car was running fine this morning, drove it in the afternoon and parked. Started my car again and then the fuel gauge rapidly went down all the way to 0. Had about 174 miles left and then it just kept going to zero. Talked to service provider and he said he couldn't get it in until monday. Has this happened to any of you? Can anyone address the problem and an estimate of how much it'll be to fix it? & also why this even happened.... My car is messing with my emotions too much as of late.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
kiel_dafo_kenyg_as
DIE ANTWOORD
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335d E92

--Someone stole your fuel? A common practise where I live since the fuel price is high

--Your fuel level sensor may be stuck or has a bad wire connection

--Our cars have a venturi based conveyor system that forwards the fuel from the left tank half to the right one. If that is clogged for some reason all fuel coming back from the HPFP remains in the left tank and will be no more available to the electrical pump that sits in the right half

edit:
In the hidden menue you can look up separately the amount of fuel that is in the left and right tank saddle or/and which of the two float levers doesn't work properly.

Last edited by kiel_dafo_kenyg_as; 11-15-2014 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: (hint added)
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
RhondaYen
Rep
Drives: BMW 06 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteblue View Post
--Someone stole your fuel? A common practise where I live since the fuel price is high

--Your fuel level sensor may be stuck or has a bad wire connection

--Our cars have a venturi based conveyor system that forwards the fuel from the left tank half to the right one. If that is clogged for some reason all fuel coming back from the HPFP remains in the left tank and will be no more available to the electrical pump that sits in the right half

edit:
In the hidden menue you can look up separately the amount of fuel that is in the left and right tank saddle or/and which of the two float levers doesn't work properly.
Thanks!! My car still runs because I know there's gas in there. It's just the gauge that's messed up, thinking it's the computer problem or maybe the sensor has bad wire connection. It fluctuates up and down but now it's at 185 miles and goes up when I drive, kind of weird.
Appreciate 0