E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > USPS Is The Worst Of The Worst!!!

11-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
Shadow007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue

Angry USPS Is The Worst Of The Worst!!!

Mmmaaann! This has been one long ass week. To make a long story short, I've recently returned from being stationed in Germany and during that time I needed to have my VTT stage 2 turbos sent back, due to them smoking and leaking oil. At the time that was going on, I was on my way back to the states and I didn't have enough time to take them off, send them back, and hopefully have everything ready before I shipped my car off. Now fast forward until now, I had my car here for about a month now and now I'm finally able to fix a few things. Being that I'm back in the states, everything is so convenient unlike Germany where my major issue was the language barrier. Anyways a friend and I took the turbos off going on two weeks now. I've sent Tony a few emails explaining the situation and he's been f***in top notch in helping me with everything, even now! So I sent the turbos back on Nov. 3, priority shipping, and they were suppose to arrive at Tony's company on Nov. 5th. The package arrived at the USPS center on the Nov. 5, in Cali, but that was it's last known location. Ever since then, I've been checking the tracking trying to figure out where the package is located and the only information it says is that it's out for transit. I've called USPS's customer service and customer affairs office all week, which between those two places I don't know which one is the worst , customer service is non existent. Anyways I called the customer affairs office this morning and explained to the lady that I've been getting the run around all week and that no one knows anything. When I asked the lady where was my package she said that she didn't know and that she had the same information that was on the tracking website . At that moment I asked so what was my next step in trying to find my stuff and she said that I could either wait and hope for the best or file a claim. I was like wait you had to be f***in kidding me! So I filed a claim this afternoon, but I pretty much shot myself in the foot due to the fact that priority shipping comes with a $50 insurance that's included in the price but it only covers up to $1000, which I wasn't aware of. So now I'm like wtf $1000 isn't going to do anything if they can't find the package, especially for a damn near $4k part. I'm pretty pissed about the whole situation. If I had any idea of how USPS was I would have paid a few extra bucks for FedEx or UPS. Those mofos are the WORST!!!

E85 Z4M

Last edited by Shadow007; 11-14-2014 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
tova86
RACE CAR!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i AW sedan

Wow.... thts shitty.. hope everything works out..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
thomas88162
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Wow... I've actually had pretty good experience with my USPS. Sorry to hear about your experience.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
Greyfox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91 - 330k+ (miles)

I'd lay good money on your turbos being jacked and sold somewhere else.

I've heard of a couple of USPS places having a problem with shipments going to certain places or coming from certain places suddenly becoming "lost".
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #5
ThatRWD
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Formatting and paragraphs bro.

Spaces/breaks are your friend.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #6
9ball
Private
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E92

My question is, why would you send out something with so much value without insuring it? I believe you can get insurance for up to $5000 with USPS. I never send anything without insuring it if the value is over $500. Plus UPS & Fed Ex are no better. They both have lost or destroyed packages that I was receiving. Unfortunately it is a crap shoot with all shippers. It still does suck. I do hope that your package was just misplaced and that it turns up. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
E90SDGUY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i COBB and Stuff

Pm me your tracking number I'll see what I can find out for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 11:46 PM   #8
e90'D10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG 2010 e90 335i

I can't stand USPS either so I definitely agree they are the ABSOLUTE WORSE out there. Had bad experiences with ALL my cars parts that I needed for my vehicles, my (at the time) fiances 10K ring was a hassle which thank God is my wife , and etc. Completely TERRIBLE service on their behalf which their manager at the local store didn't seem to have any interest. He probably thought I was just another person making another complaint so just heard me out and didnt' do anything about it afterwards
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #9
parabola
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 VW GTI

USPS does one thing good...junk mail, it's always there, on time, unlimited quantities.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #10
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
It is possible they will still get it. I once had a package that should have taken 3 days to get to make take nearly 3 weeks, with no movement showing for a full 1 week.

Normally they are fine but when they suck they suck bad and they are not helpful on the phone.

I know if I call them its just to get mad and vent because they literally CANNOT help you
      11-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #11
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e X-Drive

I've had terrible experiences with USPS as well. They've "lost" a package once and I had the same situation where I sent something, kept tracking it but it was stopped in one location for a good week before i decided to inquire further. They told me the package was probably lost since there is no further scan beyond the last point in the tracking information. They basically took NO STEPS to find my package and just told me to wait 60 days to file a claim. USPS has the absolute WORST service ever...both in delivery service and people that work at the post office
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #12
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Sorry for your negative experience.

That said, I use USPS priority with tracking for all of my customers and have had 100% success every time, with the exception of a slower shipment due to an aerosol can being involved.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #13
Shadow007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
I've had terrible experiences with USPS as well. They've "lost" a package once and I had the same situation where I sent something, kept tracking it but it was stopped in one location for a good week before i decided to inquire further. They told me the package was probably lost since there is no further scan beyond the last point in the tracking information. They basically took NO STEPS to find my package and just told me to wait 60 days to file a claim. USPS has the absolute WORST service ever...both in delivery service and people that work at the post office
Exactly! The funny thing is, I called the local post office, where I shipped it from, and explained the situation to the customer rep. He told me that it's out of their hands and that I should call some of the stores in Cali to figure out where it was. I was like you got be sh**in me if you think I'm going to call random ass stores, that's not my job, your f***in customer service, and what was their purpose for being there ! Granted this could have happened using FedEx or UPS, but out of all the things I've ordered this is the only one that's keeping me from being on the roads again. I was trying to drive home for the holidays, but by the way things look it's not going to happen.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #14
Agentphish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRWD View Post
Formatting and paragraphs bro.

Spaces/breaks are your friend.
This.

Also, I hope you get your stuff back. You never know. I mailed some concert tickets to a buddy of mine in DC when I lived in PA. But, I did not know he had moved. It was only on the day of the concert that i found out because he called in a panic and didn't have his tickets. Thats when I found out his address had changed.

Now, he had mail forwarding as he had only moved 2 months prior. BUT that didn't seem to have done the job as it had been a month since I mailed the package.

Long story short we got admission by calling Ticketmaster and they, remarkably, helped us out. The tickets I mailed to him ended up showing up over a month later. So yeah, not one of USPS's finest moments but they did eventually get there. Hope yours works out.
      11-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #15
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

You are reading the insurance wrong. It comes with 50 dollars of insurance for free and unless you paid for additional insurance you are only getting 50 dollars from a claim.

It is not your fault the package got lost but it is your fault from not understanding how to send a 4000 dollar item in the mail. You could have insured it for up to 5000 dollars. A lost package that never shows delivered is an instant claim win.

To be able to claim up to 5000 dollars you also have to follow their guidelines for packing and which service to use. First class mail, priority and Parcel post all have different max insurance values. Not to mention once you go over a certain amount you MUST have direct signature or claim gets tossed out.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #16
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

I ship tons of stuff a month and have never had a package lost. It does not happen often. What happens the most is stolen packages from porches.. Oh and fedex is no better I have had them leave packages out in the rain because they don't want to take it back to the truck... I have had damaged packages and denied claims.

USPS is fast and cheap. I love them
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #17
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender rodriguez View Post
I ship tons of stuff a month and have never had a package lost. It does not happen often. What happens the most is stolen packages from porches.. Oh and fedex is no better I have had them leave packages out in the rain because they don't want to take it back to the truck... I have had damaged packages and denied claims.

USPS is fast and cheap. I love them
Define "often"? I receive my neighbors mail at least once a week and they also receive mine. Delivering mail is not an automated service, hence subject to human error; and lots of it. I'm not a business and i only sell limited items; but for something as important as packages and mail, i would expect less than a 1% error rate. I'm not sure what USPS defines as their internal tolerable error rate but in my experience it is more like 5-10%.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 03:12 PM   #18
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
Define "often"? I receive my neighbors mail at least once a week and they also receive mine. Delivering mail is not an automated service, hence subject to human error; and lots of it. I'm not a business and i only sell limited items; but for something as important as packages and mail, i would expect less than a 1% error rate. I'm not sure what USPS defines as their internal tolerable error rate but in my experience it is more like 5-10%.
It changes year to year but lost mail is about 1%. They are so much cheaper than Fedex for packages that need to be there in 2-3 days.. hell you can overnight something for 18.50.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #19
jeeve.x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I have lost numerous packages sent through USPS. Somehow they get all the bills and junk mail to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #20
NightStalker
Rep

I have had great success with USPS...for reasonable small packages they suffice. Anything larger and expensive you are suppose to go with UPS OR FEDEX for sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #21
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVS 8 View Post
I have had great success with USPS...for reasonable small packages they suffice. Anything larger and expensive you are suppose to go with UPS OR FEDEX for sure.
I buy a lot of stuff online and I try to use USPS whenever possible when ordering from the US (and China Post for cheap stuff direct from Shenzhen). Being in Canada the packages get handed off seamlessly to Canada Post with quick customs clearance and no brokerage fees, and if I'm not home when they arrive I pick them up at the local PO. It works well for me!

That said, if you need to send or receive it really fast, or it is expensive goods, you should be willing to check the really expensive shipping options box, even domestically.

Hope things work out for OP.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 03:13 AM   #22
climax_e92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Damn sorry to hear. I always ask sellers to not ship with usps after they kept losing my gun parts. -__-
Appreciate 0