ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Just installed my Dice

Love it! definitely an easy DIY install... Start to finish it took maybe 45 minutes and that was because i was trying to figure out how to get the clips from the trunk liner un-fastened.

Question though... my dice seems to lock up (display on my nav screen song title freezes and the "next track, etc" buttons won't work). when i start the car with the ipod connected. the only way to get it to unlock is to switch the sources, or i need to wait until the next song comes up then it works fine...

anyone else hear of this problem?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
rlc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Love it! definitely an easy DIY install... Start to finish it took maybe 45 minutes and that was because i was trying to figure out how to get the clips from the trunk liner un-fastened.

Question though... my dice seems to lock up (display on my nav screen song title freezes and the "next track, etc" buttons won't work). when i start the car with the ipod connected. the only way to get it to unlock is to switch the sources, or i need to wait until the next song comes up then it works fine...

anyone else hear of this problem?
I don't have Nav, but I've found that after the car has been off for an extended time (i.e. overnight) the Dice hangs on INIT if the iPod is NOT turned on before the car (powerup of the DICE). I usually leave the iPod in the car and connected so I've gotten in the habit of powering on the iPod before I start the car on the first start of the day and that seems to prevent the DICE from hanging.
      01-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

interesting.... what generation ipod are you using? i wonder if the newer generation ipods function better with the system or if it is a dice issue...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 01:10 AM   #4
rlc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
interesting.... what generation ipod are you using? i wonder if the newer generation ipods function better with the system or if it is a dice issue...
The one I normally use is a 5th Generation 80GB iPod. I've tried the 2nd generation Nano, and the iPhone with the same result. I think it is probably normal - I'm guessing that the Dice starts up quicker than the iPod and when it does not find an iPod after startup it gets "confused".
      01-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlc View Post
I don't have Nav, but I've found that after the car has been off for an extended time (i.e. overnight) the Dice hangs on INIT if the iPod is NOT turned on before the car (powerup of the DICE). I usually leave the iPod in the car and connected so I've gotten in the habit of powering on the iPod before I start the car on the first start of the day and that seems to prevent the DICE from hanging.
If the iPod is in hibernation mode, turn it on before connecting to the DICE. This will rid of the continuing INIT mode.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0