E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > P2ABC (Boost pressure sensor, electric) NEW CP MAP sensor, code & limp mode still.

11-07-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
sparkyblue
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i & F80 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
P2ABC (Boost pressure sensor, electric) NEW CP MAP sensor, code & limp mode still.

I've had limp modes constantly on my car for the past couple weeks, and at this point I cant even go WOT reliably without the car shuddering and going into limp mode.

I finally got around to replacing my MAP Charge pipe boost sensor with a brand new one, and I was sure that it would have solved my issue.

Turns out, after installing the new MAP sensor. I am STILL getting issues with going WOT. I can get it into limp mode pretty much every time I drive the car.

The codes that are popping are: P2ABC (boost pressure sensor, electric) and occasionally P30FE.

Before I did the swap to the new MAP boost sensor, I was also getting P0238 along with the other two as well.

Note that I have everything clamped down very tight and I am pretty much certain that the connections that my ETS Charge Pipe are making aren't leaking boost. I also haven't touched any of the lower intercooler clamps either since they have been installed, and they were running leak free since install.

I just can't figure it out. The only thing I can think of is I've read that I should check my DP clamp connections and make sure they are 100% free and clear of my wastegates. But I doubt that is the issue because I have been driving the car for a while now (6+ months), and these codes and limp modes have just started occurring more and more frequently since then.

I am clueless as to what I should do now. The codes that COBB are telling me relate back to the CP's MAP/Boost sensor. Aside from the connection/new sensor itself which seems to be working properly until the limp mode and codes pop, I don't know what else it could be!!

Please give me a hand. I am stumped, and was so stoked to have the car up and running in a proper manner.

I can't even drive it the way it's meant to be driven!

I appreciate all the help.

Engine Mods:
Cobb Stage2+ Drive
ETS Charge pipe w/ Tial Q BOV
VRSF Intercooler 7"
VRSF Downpipes
BMS DCI

Replaced Recently:
2x VANOS Solenoids (less than 5k ago)
1x T-MAP sensor in the intake manifold (less than 5k miles ago)
1x MAP/Boost sensor in the charge pipe (just now)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
IBOOSTU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 M5 COMP/21 M5 COMP FROZEN

dude im having the same problem i cant peak boost over 10psi
last night i did full throttle and went into limp mode i replaced my spark plugs, recently
have a jb4 , rissland racing downpipes,
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
Sgop335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92, 08 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyblue View Post
I've had limp modes constantly on my car for the past couple weeks, and at this point I cant even go WOT reliably without the car shuddering and going into limp mode.

I finally got around to replacing my MAP Charge pipe boost sensor with a brand new one, and I was sure that it would have solved my issue.

Turns out, after installing the new MAP sensor. I am STILL getting issues with going WOT. I can get it into limp mode pretty much every time I drive the car.

The codes that are popping are: P2ABC (boost pressure sensor, electric) and occasionally P30FE.

Before I did the swap to the new MAP boost sensor, I was also getting P0238 along with the other two as well.

Note that I have everything clamped down very tight and I am pretty much certain that the connections that my ETS Charge Pipe are making aren't leaking boost. I also haven't touched any of the lower intercooler clamps either since they have been installed, and they were running leak free since install.

I just can't figure it out. The only thing I can think of is I've read that I should check my DP clamp connections and make sure they are 100% free and clear of my wastegates. But I doubt that is the issue because I have been driving the car for a while now (6+ months), and these codes and limp modes have just started occurring more and more frequently since then.

I am clueless as to what I should do now. The codes that COBB are telling me relate back to the CP's MAP/Boost sensor. Aside from the connection/new sensor itself which seems to be working properly until the limp mode and codes pop, I don't know what else it could be!!

Please give me a hand. I am stumped, and was so stoked to have the car up and running in a proper manner.

I can't even drive it the way it's meant to be driven!

I appreciate all the help.

Engine Mods:
Cobb Stage2+ Drive
ETS Charge pipe w/ Tial Q BOV
VRSF Intercooler 7"
VRSF Downpipes
BMS DCI

Replaced Recently:
2x VANOS Solenoids (less than 5k ago)
1x T-MAP sensor in the intake manifold (less than 5k miles ago)
1x MAP/Boost sensor in the charge pipe (just now)
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried replacing all vacuum lines? didnt see it in the post.
      11-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #4
sparkyblue
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBOOSTU View Post
last night i did full throttle and went into limp mode i replaced my spark plugs, recently
I have 6 new OEM plugs & sockets and I planned on doing it a couple months back. I'll knock those out and report back. But I have a feeling they aren't that, as the codes don't really pertain to cylinder misfires or such.

But my plugs do have over 30K on them so it's about time I swap them out anyways. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgop335 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried replacing all vacuum lines? didnt see it in the post.
Which vacuum lines are you referring to? I have read somewhere that I should probably take a look at the boost solenoids or the solenoids that control the wastegates themselves. But I am not quite sure of the procedure or where to locate those lines in the engine bay itself.

Any to everyone else of e90post, any other suggestions?

I am puzzled because sometimes it works fine too. Like I did a few hard Stage2+ Drive pulls today and it didn't pop. But I can still get it to limp every so often when I romp on it.

If I am driving normally or not boosting very hard, everything seems golden. The car drives fine and idles/runs just fine. Boost comes on strongly and everything seems working as it should.

I replaced the Charge Pipes Boost Sensor (MAP) sensor with a new one and sometimes I still get the code to pop!

Maybe I need to replace the the wire that plugs into the MAP sensor itself. Where does the wire run from and how can I go about replacing it just for peace of mind?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #5
Jklad
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBOOSTU View Post
I have 6 new OEM plugs & sockets and I planned on doing it a couple months back. I'll knock those out and report back. But I have a feeling they aren't that, as the codes don't really pertain to cylinder misfires or such.

But my plugs do have over 30K on them so it's about time I swap them out anyways. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgop335 View Post
Which vacuum lines are you referring to? I have read somewhere that I should probably take a look at the boost solenoids or the solenoids that control the wastegates themselves. But I am not quite sure of the procedure or where to locate those lines in the engine bay itself.

Any to everyone else of e90post, any other suggestions?

I am puzzled because sometimes it works fine too. Like I did a few hard Stage2+ Drive pulls today and it didn't pop. But I can still get it to limp every so often when I romp on it.

If I am driving normally or not boosting very hard, everything seems golden. The car drives fine and idles/runs just fine. Boost comes on strongly and everything seems working as it should.

I replaced the Charge Pipes Boost Sensor (MAP) sensor with a new one and sometimes I still get the code to pop!

Maybe I need to replace the the wire that plugs into the MAP sensor itself. Where does the wire run from and how can I go about replacing it just for peace of mind?
There's a thread on here where the all the vacuum lines shown in detail, on phone so can't link, but if you search for 'vacuum lines' should come up. There's a number of lines, if your over 70k I would just replace all of them to start. If that doesn't fix it, you can start looking deeper.
      11-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
335NJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i 6MT E90

I'm on mobile so maybe I've missed this, but has anyone suggested replacing the boost solenoids? ECS Tuning has them listed in the vendor section I believe, or jump on their site.

Sorry if that's already been attempted!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 05:56 AM   #7
dbudh001
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m4cs 2020

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but having same exact issues. What was the fix same mode minus charge pipe
Appreciate 2
      07-06-2016, 06:27 AM   #8
jtswole
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Boost solenoids.
      07-06-2016, 04:09 PM   #9
sparkyblue
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Sorry I didn't update this, but the problem was finally determined to be boost solenoids.

Replaced them and car has been boosting perfectly with no limp modes.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 11:24 PM   #10
dbudh001
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Thanks for responding guys. So here's the thing. I took off the tune ( Cobb ). And went back to stock map The codes no longer come up. Any siggestions at this point ?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 10:34 PM   #11
dbudh001
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

just to update for the community ---- it was in fact boost solenoids ... they go bad - best to change them both at once
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 07:44 PM   #12
JLara253
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbudh001 View Post
just to update for the community ---- it was in fact boost solenoids ... they go bad - best to change them both at once
I am having similar issues with the 2abc and 3100 codes, I am not yet tuned and have purchased and new TMAP sensor. I have seen that there is some coding in jb4 or mhd that needs to be done in order to replace the sensor. Is there any way I would be able to flash the car with the new sensor without purchasing a tune? I have also replaced the boost solenoids.
Appreciate 0